How to check the "do not use bulk email" to multiple contacts RRS feed

• Question

• We use an outside agency for our emial campaigns. However we provide them a list of email addresses from CRM.

The problem is about 75 email addresses unsubscribe and I need to make note of this in CRM by selecting "do not allow bulk emails" on all 75 contacts. How do I do this change in bulk (without having to go into each and every contact)?

Thank you!

Friday, February 8, 2008 9:07 PM

Answers

• Hi.

Can you identify those 75 record using advanced find query?

If so, you can --> select all the records --> click more actions on the advanced find CRM grid toolbar --> edit --> and bulk edit all in one stroke.

You can also write a simple console application that select all relevant contacts from the filteredcontact view and use crmservice.update ( contact ) for each contact.

If you need a code sample tell I and I'll post it here.

Adi

Saturday, February 9, 2008 8:32 AM

All replies

• Hi.

Can you identify those 75 record using advanced find query?

If so, you can --> select all the records --> click more actions on the advanced find CRM grid toolbar --> edit --> and bulk edit all in one stroke.

You can also write a simple console application that select all relevant contacts from the filteredcontact view and use crmservice.update ( contact ) for each contact.

If you need a code sample tell I and I'll post it here.

Adi

Saturday, February 9, 2008 8:32 AM
  •  

Dear,

write .net application and call that on action menu. to check the unsubscribe address and change the attribute value.

You can also use workflow to check the unsubscribers and update the compaing value.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Best Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Saturday, February 9, 2008 9:19 AM
  • Now I know how to change multiple records - but the one questions i have is how to take a listing of email addresses in Excel and use those email addresses to identify the records that need to be changed.

I know how to find a handful of records using the "Advance Find" feature, but is there a way to do it using 100+ email addresses without making 100+ separate criteria for searching?

Monday, February 18, 2008 2:23 PM
  • Thanks Kent for posting the request. 

I am in the same boat and looking for an answer.  I have an Excel sheet (.csv) with 3000+ dead email addresses and looking for an easy way to do a lookup across all LEADS and CONTACTS in CRM, and mark those records as outdated (or otherwise mark as 'do not mail').   So far this is the most promising process I have found:

Importing or Enriching Your Data Using the Import Data Wizard

The Import Data Wizard is useful for importing data you have stored in a spreadsheet, importing leads that you have purchased, and enriching ( Exporting records to Microsoft Office Excel, adding missing information, and using the Import Data Wizard to import just the changed information to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. ) existing data. It can be used for importing data into most record types.

Big thanks to anybody who has the answer!

Fraser

Friday, April 4, 2008 2:36 PM
  • Hi.

The best way to go about it is to write a small console application that reads the excel content and marks the dead emails in Both entities <contact and leads> or use the data migration wizard. However, both methods require coding skills.

There is another solution you can try, I'm not sure the solution can digest 3000 at once, maybe 150 at a time. Give it a try: http://forums.microsoft.com/Dynamics/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2922761&SiteID=27

Cheers,

Adi   

Friday, April 4, 2008 6:41 PM