Server 2003 problem. Need assistance. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not.

I recieved Server 2003 through MSDNAA at my school and put it to use. The system worked fine for 5 months and one night it shut down without booting back up. When I try to boot Server 2003 now the machine turns off and brings me back to the boot menu. It is almost immediate, and and endless cycle. No errors are reported.

I tried running "chkdsk /r" from recovery console via my windows 2003 setup CD. I tried every option for booting when pressing F8 before it has a chance to shut down. These did not work. I've been searching the internet for a few days now looking for a solution.

My last hope is that a reinstallation might work. However, I no longer have the product key and it may be a hassle to try and get it back from my school.

I would appreciate any help!

- David

Monday, August 20, 2007 6:31 AM

Answers

• Davey,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Forum.  The purpose of this forum is the support of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program.  Your question is off topic as well as outside my area of knowledge. I suggest posting your question to one of the Office newsgroups here:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/serveros/win2003.mspx

Have a great day!

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, August 20, 2007 5:57 PM