Consolidation of profiles from different sites RRS feed

• Question

• It looks like Microsoft has consolidated several of their forum websites to use the same Profile engine connected to LiveId.

For example when I recently tried to log in to  http://forums.silverlight.net/ forums the system identified that the email address associated with my LiveId was also associated with an older Silverlight.Net forum username (that I hat set up before they migrated over to using LiveIds).

It asked for my old password and then automatically associated my LiveId with the Silverlight.Net forum profile, which seemed like a good thing.

However, the problem is that I now have multiple forum Profiles in the system and would prefer to use one profile (this one) across all MSDN and Microsoft dev related forums.

Is there a way to consolidate multiple forum profiles (which are associated to the same LiveId) into a single forum profile?

Sunday, June 10, 2012 8:57 PM

Answers

• Looks like the end result is that you cannot combine profiles. The Silverlight profile only shows your Silverlight activities. However, you can link profiles with the same Live ID to make a seamless travel experience.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

• Marked as answer by D Lamb Monday, June 11, 2012 6:31 AM
    Monday, June 11, 2012 5:30 AM

All replies

• No. But if you link to each of your profiles in question, we might be able to find a way of making this easier/simpler.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Sunday, June 10, 2012 9:24 PM
  •  But if you link to each of your profiles in question,...

Ed,

By "link" are you referring to some linking capacity in one of the profiles or are you basically saying post a link to the other profile here in this public forum?

Or is there a way to privately send you the links?

Thanks.

Sunday, June 10, 2012 11:28 PM
  • Yes, just paste a link to your different profiles. We can get to your MSDN one by clicking your name:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/profile/d%20lamb/?ws=usercard-mini

If you'd like to send any other ones privately, you can email me... edprice at Microsoft.

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by D Lamb Monday, June 11, 2012 1:22 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by D Lamb Monday, June 11, 2012 6:31 AM
    Monday, June 11, 2012 12:43 AM
  • Looks like the end result is that you cannot combine profiles. The Silverlight profile only shows your Silverlight activities. However, you can link profiles with the same Live ID to make a seamless travel experience.

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by D Lamb Monday, June 11, 2012 6:31 AM
    Monday, June 11, 2012 5:30 AM