Iphone, Android, Blackberry: Where's The WM Apps? RRS feed

• Question

• I’ve been a loyal Windows Mobile user for several years now. My current WM phone is the HTC Touch Pro 2 which cost me over $400. But what’s the use of a high end WM phone when there’s no app for such sites as Rhapsody, Pandora and Iheart Radio? Every other site has an app for Iphone, Android or Blackberry. Windows Mobile is surprisingly missing!

Additionally, the TP2 is useless on flash content websites that I subscribe to such as Rhapsody.  Internet Explorer Mobile is a joke. I use Opera Mobile much more but it still cannot run flash plug-ins. Why do I have to use a 3<sup>rd</sup> party browser such as Skyfire?

I currently use a Blackberry for work, and I’m test driving an Iphone for personal use. The HTC Touch Pro 2 is the last WM phone I will buy. I can sell it on Ebay for about $250.  If Microsoft will not step up to the plate, I will jump ship to Android or the Iphone. BTW, Windows phone 7 won’t make me stay on board. WM Professional 6.5 was no revolution

Just tried to get an App to  schedule my Directv DVR.  From the Directv Website:

‘Our FREE, award-winning iPhone app has been downloaded over one million times! A FREE DVR Scheduler Mobile App is now also available for Android™, Palm® Pre™, Palm® Pixi™, and coming soon for BlackBerry®. Turn your smartphone into the easiest, fastest, most convenient way to find any program and set your home DVR – no matter where you are.’

Microsoft and the WM Team: Are you listening???
    HTC Touch Pro 2 WM 6.5
    Saturday, May 1, 2010 9:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• I agree. I love Microsoft and I've been using (and defending) Windows Mobile for a while but it is getting more and more hard to mantain a mobile phone with WM because you just do not find applications for it.

Every service is making applications for iphone and android (all of them) and Blackberry (almost all) but most of them do not have an application for WM so you have to access the services using the ugly mobile browser versions and some of them you cannot access at all.  There follows just some examples:

• Foursquare
    • LinkedIn
    • Amazon

Those are just few of many examples.  I've always a loyal WM user but I am strongly thinking about buying an iphone or a mobile phone with Android.

Monday, May 3, 2010 4:51 AM
  • I agree windows mobile need to step up

I had a blackberry flip but didnt like it i currently have htc touch pro 2 love everything about it but, where are the apps?

I miss the blackberry for its apps

Saturday, May 8, 2010 9:39 PM
  • Thanks for your feedback. You may want to check out Midomi SoundHound, WunderRadio and more on Windows Marketplace for Mobile. Marketplace highlights most popular apps and what’s new including many new additions, such as ezyTip, Pocket Geometry, Keeper, Silly Apps Compendium and more added as recently as 3 days ago.

We are listening and have shared your feedback with the team. Much appreciated.

Thank you from the Windows phone team
    http://www.WindowsPhone.com/TotalAccess
    • Marked as answer by WMTA3 Monday, May 10, 2010 6:52 PM
    Monday, May 10, 2010 6:31 PM
  • We are marking this thread as answered just for internal tracking purposes. All may continue to view and post for ongoing discussion.
    Thank you from the Microsoft Windows Phone Team
    http://www.WindowsMobile.com/TotalAccess
    Monday, May 10, 2010 6:52 PM