inserting own produtkey in same os in own pc but but os dvd is not mine RRS feed

• Question

• i have a very big problam i formated my lap which comes with pre instaled os win7 home pre.......,i had make recovery disk of that os by lenovo one key recovery,but when installing from that disk it says space is not enough,then i instald other os,so i want know if i getthe dvd of win7 home premium and installing os from that disk using my genuine product key............ is this any effect to me or my product key
    Saturday, July 17, 2010 8:42 AM

Answers

• Hello wisdomraj,

Please follow Carl_OH's advice to contact Lenovo tech support or customer service to order a set of Recovery Discs for your specific model of Lenovo computer.  Much more preferable IMO than borrowing unknown discs from people.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 1:12 PM

All replies

• Depends, there should be a sticker on the bottom of your comuter or in a battery compartment, you can install with that key using an OEM disk (a retail disk may not work), I shop can install it or borrow  a windows 7 premium OEM disk. FIY, it is perfectly legal and acceptable to borrow the installation media, it is the key that must not be shared.

Also, there may be a hidden partition with an image that you can restore to, read your manual, if you can't borrow a disk or figure out how to get your computer working then you may need to contact Lenovo or look for a lenovo forum or usenet group to get the specific information you need.

Also, ask this question in the below forum, the installation experts hang out there.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/threads/

Saturday, July 17, 2010 3:09 PM
  • thak u sir for ur help............ya there is sicker on the bottom where product key is given......and this is not given to any body.................now i have  borrow the disk(win7 home.pre. rtm oem 64 bit) as i previosly have(win7 home pre.  64 bit oem)...whats this rtm idont know...is there any way to get disk fre from microsoft.... on which i incert my product key..............plz.....help........
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 1:09 PM
  • Hello wisdomraj,

Please follow Carl_OH's advice to contact Lenovo tech support or customer service to order a set of Recovery Discs for your specific model of Lenovo computer.  Much more preferable IMO than borrowing unknown discs from people.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Sunday, July 18, 2010 1:12 PM
  • You need 3 things to reinstall an OEM:SLP load easily when you don't have the OEM media.

1. Genuine retail media

2. Your OEM:SLP key

3. Your OEM certificate

The latter two you would have to have extracted from your original install.  If you don't have them then pointless to read any further and should reinstall via the OEM:COA key from your seal.

If you have all 3 of these you can do the following:

Do a retail installation, do NOT enter a license key when prompted and uncheck the 'activate when online' checkbox

Open a command prompt with administrator privileges

Install the certificate by typing "slmgr -ilc <certificate filename>"

Install the product key by typing "slmgr -ipk <your product key>"

Monday, July 19, 2010 8:41 AM