Onecare online photo backup RRS feed

• Question

•  

Please help as I cant find where the location is to look at my paid liveonecare photo backup is. Its unbelievable that when my photos were finished uploading that the site couldnt have emailed as to where to find them. If this isnt resolved soon I will be forced to cancel my account in full?!!
    Wednesday, July 23, 2008 10:17 PM

Answers

• You can view the folders containing the photos stored online by selecting Restore Files in the main One Care window, then select Restore files from Online Photo Backup. You cannot see the photos or browse to their online location, you can only back up and restore the photos.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:58 PM

All replies

• You can view the folders containing the photos stored online by selecting Restore Files in the main One Care window, then select Restore files from Online Photo Backup. You cannot see the photos or browse to their online location, you can only back up and restore the photos.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 11:58 PM
  • Thank you for your prompt reply. Cant view them or access them...what kinda..grrrr ....Thats why I got it so I could have all of them in one file so I could delete dups. delete the ones I didnt want...organize...rename.. so forth...so on...I will cancel live one care and photo back up.....promptly....Thanking you I am......

Thursday, July 24, 2008 3:25 AM
  • A program like Windows Live Photo Gallery might suit your needs - http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview

Thursday, July 24, 2008 4:01 AM
  • I will give it a try after...lol...I read all the rules and what it will and wont do. Thank you for your help. You might consider when you first click on the liveonecare photo backup of  what it wont and will do. My poor hard drive worked for three days for nothing. There are a bunch of sites that are free to do what I want. Thanks again. Good luck.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:11 PM
  • Ah, it sounds like you wanted to share out your photos on a web site. OneCare Photo Backup is just that - it backs up your photos. They are not stored for you to view or share. However, they are safe and can be restored via OneCare to a new PC or a repaired PC in the event of a problem.

Consider that backup of data to CD/DVD or an external drive makes copies of your data that can be recovered if your original data is lost or corrupt due to problems on the PC. However, that isn't going to help you in the case of a disaster, where your PC *and* your backup data are lost in a fire, flood, or other serious event. With Photo Backup, your pictures - your memories - are stored on the Microsoft servers which are themselves backed up in multiple data centers. This means that these pictures are safe from disaster.

If your intent was to store the photos online and perhaps make them available to others, there are plenty of sites that allow you to do this. Windows Live Spaces and Flickr are both supported by Windows Live Photo Gallery as destinations for uploading pictures to.

If you want to cancel the Photo Backup service that you signed up for, contact support for a refund -

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:29 PM