New CRM 2011 on premise installation - very slow loading and high cpu usage RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have recently installed CRM 2011 and its painfully slow to load. I have windows 2008 with all service packs and rollups for SQL, Windows and CRM installed. The server is 16 GB with 2 Xeon processors - 3 GHz. Yet when I click on a contact or Account the CPU usage goes to 60%. It is very frustrating. pls help!!!

Further there is no anti virus software or anything that could slow down the system. I have checked that fully. My server processors are screaming for help every time I click on an account or contact or any crm option...
    • Edited by crmuser101 Monday, October 10, 2011 8:11 AM
    Sunday, October 9, 2011 10:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Monday, October 10, 2011 4:20 PM
  • absolutely. I have much more than that.
    Monday, October 10, 2011 4:33 PM
  • Wednesday, July 11, 2012 6:14 PM
  • Yes, is there an fix for this? I am having a similar problem. For each contact window open the CPU usage jumps about 25%, I am using IE8. I have heard this problem doesn't happen on IE9, but I am not sure. 
    Tuesday, July 17, 2012 1:55 PM
  • Hi,

do you have a load balancer ??

If you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote as Helpful, Propose as Answer, and/or Mark as answer._____________________________________________________Ahmed - CRM APPLICATION MANAGEMENT ______________________ These replies/answers are my own and doesn’t relate to any company or organization.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 5:53 PM
  • Is it in IE or in Outlook? maybe related to some IE proxy configuration. Does it just happen for the first time access?
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 3:39 PM
  • Our problem is in IE. I actually found something very strange. If I open a contact the CPU usage jumps up around 25% for each contact. If I let it sit there it will stay at those percentages and not drop. We have a left-hand navigation box for related links. If I scroll to the bottom if this box the CPU falls back down to normal. So I am not sure if this has something to do with javascript being called or what. If I click on something else the CPU usage will jump back up. Also, if I shrink the contact window to a certain height, the CPU usage will drop as well. These are just some things that I observed. I am not sure if it will help. 
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 6:07 PM
  • you can try to use the developer tool of IE or similar to trace the requests and their time spent.
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 7:01 PM
  • Hi AndrewDL,

I have The Exact Same problem!! did you find a solution by now?

No rollup installation has helped so far....

Monday, November 19, 2012 7:07 AM
  • If you are running a VM make sure that your host has enough resources, and fast harddisk access. A nice tool I use to see what is going on is  Process Explorer, you can also set IIS to cache images, and also check that SQL is not taking all the RAM, if it is installed on the same machine as CRM. CRM Async service is also very resource intensive. I would recommend to split your servers out, 1x SQL, 1 CRM Frontend and 1x CRM Backend server. 
    Friday, November 30, 2012 1:12 PM