Automatic Backup Failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys.  I've been searching & reading the various threads relating to backup failure for the past 2 weeks, as I noticed that one system has been failing to backup since 11th Dec.  My WHS has been running since I built it in Nov 07 & until 11th, all backups have been successful.  After reading the posts on those threads, checked the VSS service & found that it was not running.  Re-enabled it & did a manual backup which succeeded.

However, automatic back keeps failing.  Using Brubber's code snippet, I keep getting the following when trying to re-register the dll's: - loaded but call to DllRegisterServer failed.

Systems connected to WHS are: - XP Pro/XP X64/Vista Ultimate(64bit)/Vista Business/Win 7 Pro & Win 7 Ultimate(64bit).  it's the Win 7 Pro that is failing & no programs installed/uninstalled since the last succeessful backup on the 10th Dec.

Can this be resolved or is it best to just do a fresh clean re-install?
    Monday, December 28, 2009 9:54 PM

Answers

• Not long after posting the above, found a further possible answer in another thread, tried finding it again, but can't remember what one it was.   So thanks to the guy that posted it.

He had similar problems & reconfigured backup & it worked for him.   Tried this & last night's backup worked ok on automatic.  Will check backups for the rest of the week to see if problem resolved.
    • Marked as answer by Sirius B Wednesday, December 30, 2009 4:27 AM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 4:27 AM