none
WINDOWS 8.1 ruined my friday RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning/evening

My name is OptionsNate. aka n4te0ne I'm a options trader, on friday at 2:30pm, someone let me know that windows 8.1 was official and only took 10 or 15 minutes to update to, so of course, with my beastly i7 machine and 2400mhz ram and SSD drive I decided to hurry up and upgrade before the market closed... to my despair, the install froze at some point and after rebooting my desktop loaded to, you guessed it, NOTHING. Now hours later of trouble shooting and trying to restore from image backups, i made the call to go back to my copy of windows 7 ultimate. initially my computer came with windows 7 premium, key printed on the case.. HOWEVER, i upgraded to a copy of ultimate for 212 with tax usd later on.. now i come to realize tonight that the key i entered isn't valid. NOW BEFORE EVERYONE GETS ANGRY, i downloaded an OEM windows 7 ultimate install, ran it, and now tonight it says my key is bad.. HERE COMES THE FUN!!

i downloaded this program to retrieve keys, which is probably a waste, since my drives been formatted several times since i had windows 7, remember i ran windows 8 since it came out.. anyhow.  i only wrote down what code you get when you right click my computer and go to properties, which means i wrote down the product ID and not my key..

now i paid for a 200 dollars for a copy of ultimate, i paid for a copy of premium first, i paid for windows 8... and now my computer is saying i have an invalid keys.. IM ANGRY.

NOW IF THIS INSTALL IS JUST NO GOOD, WHERE DO I DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE? i legally own a key... that now i can't find..

HOW CAN I RECOVER MY CD KEY?

i think it may have been through digital river.. (AM I SCREWED OR WHAT?)i have 31 THOUSAND emails in my account, i don't erase them. i tried looking for the key in my email, but i have no idea who i bought it from, i thought it was through Microsoft, but both accounts with Microsoft say i never bought anything.. it may have been through digitalriver.. all i remember was it was through a digital download, and i spent like 200 bucks on it.

i WILL NOT GO BACK TO WINDOWS 8... i used the preview, i sent in my errors when i got crashes, and i will not deal with that bullshit again. you had my errors, you didn't fix the problems. i spent several thousand dollars building this setup.. you had one job. THIS COMPUTER RUNS 7 MONITORS, ONE IS A 50 INCH LED samsung TV... this isn't a 400 dollar computer from walmart, its a workstation. were talking 5 plus grand to play with it.

how can i recover my key, who do i need to talk to, at this point, i have my 2 possible email accounts and my credit card number. i want my copy to work. if Microsoft wont help me i'll download a pirated edition AND JUST USE THAT. this computer is for work, it has to function, i'm not throwing away anymore money, windows 8 was a big enough waste as is. i didn't just buy windows 8. windows 7 premium and windows 7 ultimate for fun. I'm not happy. this all would have been fine, if Microsoft did their job with 8.. i have a feeling they didn't care about people with multiple video cards since your too worried with competing with ipads, for people who don't work on their machines and look at facebook.

lets resolve this in an orderly manner.

Sunday, October 20, 2013 4:58 AM

Answers

• Product Keys for all retail Windows licenses are in the packaging in which you bought the disks (or in the case of purchases from the Microsoft Store, in your account there)

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:42 PM

All replies

• Product Keys for all retail Windows licenses are in the packaging in which you bought the disks (or in the case of purchases from the Microsoft Store, in your account there)

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    No - I do not work for Microsoft, or any of its contractors.

Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:42 PM
  • since the preview is causing the trouble, might as well upgrade to the actual version which installation might at the same time replace some bad files her and there which you will be able to get back a healthy OS to work.
    Tuesday, January 7, 2014 12:39 PM