none
Regular forum user having page rendering issues RRS feed

• Question

• The following user is having issues that when they go to any forum here. Is there anything I can relay back to them to try?

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/profile/leshay?type=forum&referrer=https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=vbgeneral&sort=lastpostdesc&brandIgnore=true&page=5

Here is there second email to me

I have tried all sorts of things to try and get the Forums back to usable here to no avail.

My latest 'thing' was to completely re-install Windows 10 on my device which I foolishly thought would really fix things. Not at all, a brand new installation and the Forums are still unusable here being laid out in a linear fashion with the needed links (reply/new question/quote all doing nothing , funnily enough some of the other links do work,but none that would allow me to make a post of any sort. I am logged in correctly.

(the OS re-install was not very straightforward either :)

So, I am left thinking that somehow there is an issue at the other end.

I don't know if MS deal with geographical regions differently, but I'm wondering if somehow I (and others) have been locked out in some way.

Is there any way you can find out if something at the MS end could account for this weird behaviour? I realize you may be too busy, and if so, I would understand.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 1:39 PM

Answers

• I've seen that before as well at time very briefly and I believe it was a connectivity related issue. I'd try from another ISP, coffee shop, etc.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 8:32 PM

All replies

•  could account for this weird behaviour?

What behavior are you asking about? Might try from a different pc

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 1:51 PM
  •  could account for this weird behaviour?

What behavior are you asking about? Might try from a different pc

Dave, I bolded the issue in my post.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

StackOverFlow

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 2:02 PM

• Dave, I bolded the issue in my post.

StackOverFlow

I'd try from another pc at another location (different ISP)

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 2:05 PM
  • Unaware if he can or not but I've given him the link to this post and see if he either replies here if possible or to my personal email and get back here with the findings.

StackOverFlow

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 2:39 PM
  • Sounds good, either the pc or internet service appears to be broken, just need to figure out which and take appropriate action. 

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 2:42 PM
  • If I understand the issue, I believe I have seen this in the past, although it was in the Script Gallery rather the forums. It was as if the HTML was messed up and not rendered correctly. For me it resolved itself after a day or so. At the time I thought it was a consequence of the admins making the Gallery read-only, as was expected in January, but then the pages rendered properly later.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 2:49 PM
  • Here is what I received 

Thanks for posting that Karen. The suggested solution is not available to me here, but I will try chasing up with my ISP.

I have attached 2 small images of a page to illustrate. #1 is from summary list and #2 of a post.

I will keep tabs on the post and see if there are further replies, but of course, I can't reply myself to convey any thanks.

I've seen this before and has usually cleared up in minutes or hours. When it happens I peek at the network tab of chrome developer tools and most times seen an error code and the CSS is not read.

StackOverFlow

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 8:22 PM
  • If I understand the issue, I believe I have seen this in the past, although it was in the Script Gallery rather the forums. It was as if the HTML was messed up and not rendered correctly. For me it resolved itself after a day or so. At the time I thought it was a consequence of the admins making the Gallery read-only, as was expected in January, but then the pages rendered properly later.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Hi Richard,

Same here but it appears Les it's been happening for days now.

StackOverFlow

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 8:23 PM
  • I've seen that before as well at time very briefly and I believe it was a connectivity related issue. I'd try from another ISP, coffee shop, etc.

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 8:32 PM
  • Hi All

Finally managed to find the cause. My ISP had introduced a new feature called Web Protect and was activated. As I did not set it to Activated, it was not on the list of things I checked at the beginning when I thought it may have been something I had done to cause the issue.

Anyway, thanks to Karen for helping out, and to the other contributors  for advice and suggestions. All very much appreciated. I will mark them all as answer as the combined contributions set me on the road to the solution.

EDIT: of course I can't mark answers, not my thread! Will Vote up instead.

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

• Edited by leshay Tuesday, February 18, 2020 12:11 AM typo
    Sunday, February 16, 2020 12:15 PM
  • Sounds good, you're welcome.

Sunday, February 16, 2020 1:34 PM