Is Digital River of Ireland a real microsoft reseller? RRS feed

• Question

• Because they took my money but I couldn't get the genuine Office to open and they won't reply to my emails or snail mails.
    Sunday, December 27, 2009 4:30 AM

Answers

• Hello tangomark,

I don't know, you didn't provide a URL to the Digital River of Ireland website for me to look. But even if you did, the support guy for WGA isn't the best person to contact (I only support the WGA technology within Windows and Office).  You may want to submit a piracy report at http://microsoft.com/piracy, that group deals with the selling of Piracted Software (thru online retailers and such) However, paying but not getting any product, probably doesn't qualify as 'Piracy'. 

In my opition, the question you should realy be asking is 'how to get your money back?'. If you bought something online thru some sort of Online company, you probably used a Credit Card (or possibly PayPal).  If so, Credit Cards usually have some sort of consumer protection mechanism that allow you to get your money back and Paypal, I believe, allows you the ability to make a claim (to get your money back) when you don't get what you paided for. 

Sorry I couldn't be more help,
    Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:56 PM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:54 PM

All replies

• Hello tangomark,

I don't know, you didn't provide a URL to the Digital River of Ireland website for me to look. But even if you did, the support guy for WGA isn't the best person to contact (I only support the WGA technology within Windows and Office).  You may want to submit a piracy report at http://microsoft.com/piracy, that group deals with the selling of Piracted Software (thru online retailers and such) However, paying but not getting any product, probably doesn't qualify as 'Piracy'. 

In my opition, the question you should realy be asking is 'how to get your money back?'. If you bought something online thru some sort of Online company, you probably used a Credit Card (or possibly PayPal).  If so, Credit Cards usually have some sort of consumer protection mechanism that allow you to get your money back and Paypal, I believe, allows you the ability to make a claim (to get your money back) when you don't get what you paided for. 

Sorry I couldn't be more help,
    Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:56 PM
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 10:54 PM
  • Yes they are a boa fide supplier, I purchased MS Office 2007 professional form this company as a download it is genuine and works well. You can contact them on ;

Tel number in Ireland :   00353 61 230 000

They will transfer you to the customer support call centre, they are very efficient
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 5:44 PM