Tray icon dissapeared RRS feed

• Question

• I have just installed OneCare on Vista. At the beginnig everything was all right - the tray icon was there etc...

After having installed Windows Live (connect and share everywhere), the tray icon dissapeared. One care is still there and active but I cannot tweak the settings.

I have uninstalled windows live (how naive I might be ;-)) and it did not help.

Does anyone have any clue or idea to help me recover the tray icon and access OneCare Settings?

Chris.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 2:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• The first thing to check is right click on the Vista Task bar and select properties. Is "Hide Inactive Icons" checked? If so, uncheck it.

If that doesn't make the icon appear, click on the Vista orb and type "onecare" in the search box without the quotes. In the list that appears, Windows Live OneCare will appear. Click it. Does OneCare open? Does this cause the icon to appear in the System Tray?

-steve

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 3:00 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the prompt reaction.

1/ None of my tray icon are marked hidden inactive... (have checked)

2/ On the search, the result is empty nevertheless, I am unable to install a new instance of onecare as it claims I have already one installed.

When I try to instrall it I have the messag that only one copy per computer...

Error-ID 0006-80004005

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 6:36 PM
  • In Start, All Programs do you have a listing for Windows Live OneCare?

You may want to try support - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

or you may want to consider reinstalling OneCare. First uninstall and/or use the cleanup tool: http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=663806&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 1:43 AM