none
Visual Studio 2010 Trial Version for MCPD 4 Study RRS feed

• Question

• Hey all,

I am still tossing up between doing MCPD with .NET 3.5 and 4 for Web Application Development. The issue I have is that I have full version of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 but not 2010 edition and because this is self study for work, I will need way more than 90 days for MCPD as I have trouble getting funding for training, so this is out of my own pocket and I can't afford training. But I really want to be up-to-date but can also settle to .3.5. My intention was to wait until the Study kit for 70-515 comes out and use either the VS 2010 Trial or the Express Edition.

Since I never been on a 90 days trials before, does it prevent me from working on it after it expires or reset if I reinstall?

Any chance I can do .NET 4.0 development on Visual Studio Pro 2008 or get away with 2010 Express Editions for the .NET 4.0 study for the Certification?

Cheers.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 1:05 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I never tried to reinstall a trial. But what you can always use is the trial in a VM. That way, it is no problem to reinstall (or just download a ready to use VM. At least in the past Microsoft also offered ready to use VM downloads).

And the book comes with a 90 day trial, so it is more or less the same as the one you can download.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 6:46 AM
    Answerer