How to Edit Default View on Record Associated View RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

So in CRM 2013/2015 when you open an account, you can go to the top navigation and click opportunities and it will take you to the Opportunities Associated View. In this view, there are dropdown fields that allow you to filter and organize the results.

How do I set the default settings for these dropdowns? For example, my Opportunity Associated view filters by default to show only Opportunities that are 'Open'. How could I change that dropdown field so that by default it shows 'All' Opportunities?

Thank you.

John

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 6:55 PM

All replies

• So go to Settings -> Customization -> Customize.  In the new window, Expand Entities, then Opportunities.  The look for Views, and in there Associated View.  Make the changes you want to the sorting and filtering of the Associated View, save it, and then Publish. 

Refresh your CRM page and the next time you look at associated Opps on an Account, you should see your updated view.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

• Proposed as answer by Wayne Walton Wednesday, July 22, 2015 7:10 PM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 7:10 PM
  • Okay, so that got me part of the way there. Thank you.

In extension, when I open the Opps Associated View there is a dropdown field that says 'Filter On'. It has several options: Open, Won, Lost, All

This is the biggest hurtle I'm trying to overcome. By default the field loads filtering on 'Open'. What if I wanted to default it to 'All' or any of the other options. This is what I'm mostly trying to achieve as it would be a huge inconvenience for my users to have to change the filter on field to what they need every time they open this view. Thanks for the help!

John

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 7:30 PM