robotics project RRS feed

• Question

• as iam a electronics student iam intrested in doing project in robotics by using a microsoft visual basic

can i do project in robotics field?
    Wednesday, February 14, 2007 1:05 PM

All replies

• Hey man you can surely do it, all you need to do is select OTHER in the DEGREE field while registration, and you can do the project of your choice. But you will require the HOD name and email address .
    Wednesday, February 14, 2007 6:36 PM
  • but iam not using microsoft robotics studio iam using only microsoft visual basic is this ok for my project can i start my project ?
    Thursday, February 15, 2007 1:00 AM
  • hey m8,
    sorry to let you know that you cant use VB for as the technology. You can only use the technologies that are listed in http://msapp.net/2007/Technology.aspx

Extra: MS is trying to cease support for VB. i guess it has already did it, not sure though.
    So .NET is the future.

You can learn .net or that robotics studio. I guess it wont be hard to migrate, i would say it would be much more easier, cause lot of the manual work you used to do with vb i not inbuilt into theclass libraries itself; ) You just need to exploit it.

Thursday, February 15, 2007 3:53 AM
  • iam using Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition it is listed in http://msapp.net/2007/Technology.aspx

i dont any any basic knowledge in .NET so shall i  proceed  in
    Visual Basic 2005 itself  ?
    Thursday, February 15, 2007 7:36 AM
  • hey m8, Visual Basic 2005 Express Edition is a part of the .NET framework.
    .NET is also refered to as Visual Studio .NET .

So the toolthat you are using is a .NET technology.

Hope this clears out the doubt in your mind.
    Thursday, February 15, 2007 1:41 PM
  • i have a final doubt

how to get a approval from HOD in an DOC file format

Thursday, February 15, 2007 3:44 PM
  • Talk to your HOD, create a template in word and give it to him, and let him read it, and approve it.

Then you upload the doc file after verification from the HOD to that website, also you will be asked to enter the HOD name, and email address, may be they will verify it afterwards, by sending that doc to the HOD or something like that.
    Thursday, February 15, 2007 5:18 PM