Acessing Site On Homeserver.com RRS feed

• Question

• More times than I care to think about I've had trouble getting to my homeserver.com site.  I almost never connect to it on the first attempt either locally or remotely.  I've heard said here that this is an internet connection issue?  Is this true?  If not what other factors affect connection.  More specifically is this a bandwidth issue? According to SpeakEasy I am getting 5160 kbps on the download and 505 kbps for the upload.

Are there programs to measure bandwidth and/or resources?  Does the server's RAM effect this?  Anyway thanks for the advice.  
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 5:12 PM

All replies

• More times than I care to think about I've had trouble getting to my homeserver.com site.  I almost never connect to it on the first attempt either locally or remotely.  I've heard said here that this is an internet connection issue?  Is this true?  If not what other factors affect connection.  More specifically is this a bandwidth issue? According to SpeakEasy I am getting 5160 kbps on the download and 505 kbps for the upload.

Are there programs to measure bandwidth and/or resources?  Does the server's RAM effect this?  Anyway thanks for the advice.  
    When you try to connect, exactly what happens?  Do you get an error message?  If so, what does it say?  How long does it take before that error message comes up?
    Thursday, April 16, 2009 4:55 AM