mapped array(s) naming issues/missing property tabs RRS feed

• Question

• have recently reinstalled Vista Ultimate x64 on my main workstation (first time i've had to reinstall Vista) and have hit something that frankly has myself nearing an aneurysm. 

my user account is the same as it was prior to the OS reinstall (same name also used prior with WinXP x64).  i have two NAS arrays on my network and mapping them results in both having the same name being "ADVirtualDisk\ (\)".  i've never seen this before...  worse changing the name of one changes the other to the same thing..  looking into the Registry there is an entry for ADVirtualDisk entry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2..  here it is adding a name string that apparently takes the changed name and imposes it over any mapped drive labeled "
    ADVirtualDisk" at the time of it being mapped which for me is everytime i map any drive on my network.

i've also noticed that the mapped NAS arrays are also missing a wealth of tabs when the properties are brought up.  there's no security tab for instance.  what am i missing here?  i reinstalled XP x64 with these NAS's around with the same user account several times and have never seen this until this reinstall of Vista...

any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Robert

Monday, December 1, 2008 6:32 AM