none
Question Marked as Spam after I was verified. RRS feed

• Question

• My account was verified today,, so I attempted to once again post my problem, but like before, my question was again tagged as SPAM. Why?

Mary Sneed

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• I do not see your name anywhere in the thread. I searched on "mary", "maryal521", and "sneed". The thread has become large and slow to load. Are you sure you posted a request in this thread?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dc4002e4-e3de-4b1e-9a97-3702387886cc/verify-account-42?forum=reportabug

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:46 PM
  • I also looked after you posted you were verified and did not see your request in verification thread.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:54 PM
  • The forum where I posted my original question before verification was Visual C#. Then I kept being sent to this forum to get verified. Then I learned I was verified so I went back to Visual C# to once again post my question, and I was once again marked as SPAM, so I came back to this forum, and that is the beginning of this thread.  When I say I have been verified, I clicked on my name at the end of the initial post in this thread and it had my user ID and ratings. That, I thought, was an indication I was verified; otherwise that would not be there; correct? Click on maryal521 above where it says 0 points, and you can see that I posted 6 hours ago.

Mary Sneed

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 9:22 PM
  • Having your userID and rating show does not mean you are verified. We believe an unknown number of recognition points will get you verified, but that might take awhile. Having posts marked helpful and as the answer results in points. Best to post in the verification thread we linked with your request. But be patient and allow the thread to load.

Also, the messages you get about your post being flagged as spam are misleading and unfortunate. They are not flagged as spam. This whole process is due for major changes. But in the meantime, it has significantly reduced the spam we used to get.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 9:31 PM
  • Mr. Mueller, I just need help with my original issue, and I have spent all day just trying to get to the point where I can ask the question and it will be accepted.  I suppose I will just continue to deal with it and stop buying Microsoft products since I can get no help because I'm not verified.  Thanks for your responses.

Mary Sneed

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 11:20 PM
  • I'm not sure what you meant by "capcha responses" but as long as you post plain text without links or images you should be fine to ask there.

Don't forget to request verification in verification thread.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 11:45 PM
  • If you post a question, ignore any message about it being flagged as spam. These messages seem to always be bogus. Don't delete your question. Not being verified only means you cannot include hyperlinks or images in your posts. If you post in the csharpgeneral forum, you should get a response.

I understand the frustration. This whole process needs to be revised, but that will take time.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 12:32 AM