Activation loop RRS feed

• Question

• (Regretfully resubmitting this message, which I sent to the wrong forum.)

My Office xp products are all activated, but the validation tool asks me to activate them. I receive the following code (although I cannot copy/paste it... rather inconvenient): 0x80180101. My office xp has been validated previously and this has never been a problem. Below is the Windows page of the diagnostic tool

When my harddisk began failing recently, I had it mirrored on to a new disk. The old disk is still in the pc for backup purposes. I DO NOT KNOW how to remove or disactivate an unactive installation of office on an unactive disk, if this is the problem. Perhaps you can advise.

I need the "remove hidden data tool"  to submit an important job to a publisher. It should not require a tool to produce a clean copy of my work. However, I cannot download the tool as I am now locked into this obtuse process. I need to be able to use my legitimate programs to fulfill my job obligations. I would greatly appreciate any help you might be able to provide.

A.B.West 

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0062.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Online Validation Code: N/A
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-WP32G-3CJQ8-MBRP8
    Windows Product Key Hash: CCyOWL5RQmvZ/noFVMYQCmbVHcA=
    Windows Product ID: 55277-OEM-2145097-40119
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    ID: {9504A8FF-1CB1-4C17-9B14-4463F7D00E33}(1)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

Vista BRT Data-->
    Grace Flag: N/A
    Commit: N/A
    Reboot Flag: N/A
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Wgaer.exe Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Wgaer.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.5
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 101 Not Activated
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-171-1_3E121E02-385-80004005_3E121E02-452-80004005_3E121E02-312-80004005

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{9504A8FF-1CB1-4C17-9B14-4463F7D00E33}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0062.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-MBRP8</PKey><PID>55277-OEM-2145097-40119</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-515967899-152049171-839522115</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>System Manufacturer</Manufacturer><Model>System Name</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Award Software, Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>ASUS P4S8X ACPI BIOS Revision 1004</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20021004000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>C20731670184A06F</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Romance Standard Time(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><BRT/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>101</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>101</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office XP Standard</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>1D0EC0CDAD85170</Val><Hash>twrJQgl1c7i0tg7Eh+RFSIpgZYs=</Hash><Pid>54187-762-0630327-17053</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{91A10409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office OneNote 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>1C301393E371918</Val><Hash>uw0Y6YCnYqGzZzISlkOXAlN7v0U=</Hash><Pid>70172-140-0236622-55604</Pid><PidType>10</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 11:47 AM

Answers

• Wakenight,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Forum.  The purpose of this forum is the support of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program.  Your question is off topic.   In an attempt to assist I would like to provide some information which may help. First your Microsoft Office XP Standard just needs reactivation. Please select the “Activate by using the telephone” option. To activate the product this way, follow these steps:

1) Start any Office program.
    2) In the “Office Activation Wizard”, click the “Activate by using the telephone” option, and then click Next
    3) Read the “Microsoft Office Privacy Policy” page, and then click “Next”.
    4) In the “Select your location” list, select a country or region. Call the telephone number that is listed on line 2. The customer service agent will ask you for the installation ID and will give you a confirmation ID in return. Type the confirmation ID in the boxes provided.
    5) Click “Next”.
    6) On the “Activation Complete” page, click “Finish”.

Please reference the following KB Article should you have any problems http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/en-us.  Here you will find links for various resolutions which you may encounter.  Also reference the following site for various telephone activation centers:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851.  Please re-post here should you need further assistance. Thank you and have a great day!

Did your old hard drive fail (due to mechnical issues) or Windows Operating system experienced errors which required a fresh install? If your hard drive is still operational I would back up all data and reformat the drive. This may alleviate any future problems and allow you too use this for data back-up purposes. If the drive experienced mechnical problems then I would be cautious using this for backing up data. Now for the "remove hidden data tool" please visit and post your question in Discussions in Publisher General Questions located here: 

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher&lang=en&cr=US

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA & WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 7:26 PM
  • A.B. West you are very welcome. You had a couple concerns occuring so I wanted to provide you with enough information which may benefit a resolution for the various occurances. I would like to impart one last big of information. Please visit Setting up Windows XP @ http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/winxp/default.mspx when you are ready to reinstall. Again if you need assistance with non-WGA questions please don't hesitate to vist the Microsoft Technical Communities. Next locate and launch the Newsgroups link half way down the page. Here you will see many links for various forums. Locate the one you require assistance (Windows XP). Once there you will see many sub-forums located on the left hand side of the page. You should be able to receive assistance for your concern here.  Again thank you and I am glad to offer assistance in hope of resolving your problems. 

Take care,

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA and OGA Forum Manager

Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:15 PM
  • A.B. West,

I sincerly appreicate your kind words. Should you have Windows or Office Genuine Advantage problems please visit our forums. The other links I provide will definetly provide you with a wealth of information. The fourms have both employees, MVPs and everyday users that provide assistance. Visit https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/MVP.aspx .  Here you can click on a program you may need assistance. Also you can search various Knowledge Based (KB) articles which will provide you with assistanc for various problems located here: http://support.microsoft.com

Have a super weekend :-)

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA and WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, October 11, 2007 11:54 PM

All replies

• Wakenight,

Thank you for visiting the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Forum.  The purpose of this forum is the support of Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) program.  Your question is off topic.   In an attempt to assist I would like to provide some information which may help. First your Microsoft Office XP Standard just needs reactivation. Please select the “Activate by using the telephone” option. To activate the product this way, follow these steps:

1) Start any Office program.
    2) In the “Office Activation Wizard”, click the “Activate by using the telephone” option, and then click Next
    3) Read the “Microsoft Office Privacy Policy” page, and then click “Next”.
    4) In the “Select your location” list, select a country or region. Call the telephone number that is listed on line 2. The customer service agent will ask you for the installation ID and will give you a confirmation ID in return. Type the confirmation ID in the boxes provided.
    5) Click “Next”.
    6) On the “Activation Complete” page, click “Finish”.

Please reference the following KB Article should you have any problems http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903275/en-us.  Here you will find links for various resolutions which you may encounter.  Also reference the following site for various telephone activation centers:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326851.  Please re-post here should you need further assistance. Thank you and have a great day!

Did your old hard drive fail (due to mechnical issues) or Windows Operating system experienced errors which required a fresh install? If your hard drive is still operational I would back up all data and reformat the drive. This may alleviate any future problems and allow you too use this for data back-up purposes. If the drive experienced mechnical problems then I would be cautious using this for backing up data. Now for the "remove hidden data tool" please visit and post your question in Discussions in Publisher General Questions located here: 

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher&lang=en&cr=US

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA & WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 7:26 PM
  • Thanks Stephen Holm for your very thorough and wide-ranging answer. Sorry to be in the wrong forum. It requires WGA status to download the Hidden Data tool, and I'm locked out. That's how I ended up here, but donno if I shud be here. I have just received your reply, and haven't explored all it's info yet. But earlier today I was unable to access the phone validation option, cuz the activation wizard says my programs are already activated. I haven't spotted that case on the KB page you mentioned, but I'll look into it more closely. I will definitely come back to mark the question solved or post an update as applies. For the moment, however, just wanted to thank you for your gracious help. It's lonely out here in unvalidated land! SIncerely. A.B. West  

Wednesday, October 10, 2007 8:58 PM
  • A.B. West you are very welcome. You had a couple concerns occuring so I wanted to provide you with enough information which may benefit a resolution for the various occurances. I would like to impart one last big of information. Please visit Setting up Windows XP @ http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/winxp/default.mspx when you are ready to reinstall. Again if you need assistance with non-WGA questions please don't hesitate to vist the Microsoft Technical Communities. Next locate and launch the Newsgroups link half way down the page. Here you will see many links for various forums. Locate the one you require assistance (Windows XP). Once there you will see many sub-forums located on the left hand side of the page. You should be able to receive assistance for your concern here.  Again thank you and I am glad to offer assistance in hope of resolving your problems. 

Take care,

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA and OGA Forum Manager

Thursday, October 11, 2007 8:15 PM
  • Hello Stephen Holm,

Wanted to let you know the outcome. On the KB you suggested, I followed the delete xp data.bak advice for “corrupted license file”, and Office reactivated without a hitch. I was then able to install Hidden data Removal tool, which works a treat. So everything worked like a dream without me even having to phone in, although I really appreciated you providing a list of various international telephone activation centers... that was very foresightful of you! (I don’t think foresightful is a word... but it shud be.) I’ll be keeping careful record of your replies for future reference. The only regret is that I couldn’t resolve the issue in time for my deadline. It was the middle of the night here when I received your great reply, (I’m quite out of sync over here). The game was already over. Lately I find myself running up against brick walls right at the crunch. So instead of calmly reviewing my work and cleaning it up for submission, I’m left frantically googling, gate-crashing forums and wadding through tech sheets and other people’s scenarios in an effort to resolve a program issue. We’ve all been there. After these last two months of pc issues I guess I’m startin’ to lose it. So I’m delighted to have your Microsoft Technical Communities and Newsgroups tip. That should reduce panic times. You even took the time in your reply to address my old hard drive failure. Today it tells me it’s so full it can’t defragment... and I don’t know how that happened. It had 25% free last week. So I think your reformat advice is to the point. I won’t even know what issues it might have till I unburden it. Thanks again for superb intervention Stephen Holm. I’m going away with my issue resolved and a load of additional useful knowledge. Very grateful. A.B. West

Thursday, October 11, 2007 11:26 PM
  • A.B. West,

I sincerly appreicate your kind words. Should you have Windows or Office Genuine Advantage problems please visit our forums. The other links I provide will definetly provide you with a wealth of information. The fourms have both employees, MVPs and everyday users that provide assistance. Visit https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/communities/MVP.aspx .  Here you can click on a program you may need assistance. Also you can search various Knowledge Based (KB) articles which will provide you with assistanc for various problems located here: http://support.microsoft.com

Have a super weekend :-)

Stephen Holm, MS

OGA and WGA Forum Manager

Thursday, October 11, 2007 11:54 PM