Practice Test for MCTS Training Kit 70-433 ebook RRS feed

• Question

• I bought the ebook version of this kit and in the begining it references practice tests.  When I download the CD materials from the link in the ebook, it is missing that part of the CD.  Any idea where I can find this missing information?
    Friday, September 28, 2012 10:52 PM

Answers

• Yes give them a call as I’m not aware of any way of getting this content.

Generally speaking, most eBooks don’t come with the same content as their paper-back equivalent i.e. they generally don’t include CD content etc

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Proposed as answer by tooleyrose Wednesday, October 3, 2012 4:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Tuesday, October 9, 2012 12:17 AM
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:28 AM
  • To anyone reading this years down the line, the link is dead but I found most of the CD content zipped here:

ftp://ftp.oreilly.com/examples/9780735626393/index.html

Disappointing so many links and sample content for previous versions of SQL Server have gone missing from Microsoft websites.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:35 AM

All replies

• Where did you purchase the ebook from?

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Saturday, September 29, 2012 12:12 AM
  • Sorry for the late reply.  I have a Nook so I purchased through the Barnes and Noble Nook store.
    Monday, October 1, 2012 5:06 PM
  • I've had a look on Nook and can't find the training kit for sale.

Also, as far as I'm aware, Microsoft does not publish eBook only versions of its training kits (I could be wrong though).

Jeff Wharton

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:09 AM
  • Yeah I see they don't sell it anymore but I can assure you that I bought it from the Nook store and have the receipt in email as well as being able to access it with in my Nook desktop application.  Should I maybe call Microsoft Press about it?

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:25 AM
  • Yes give them a call as I’m not aware of any way of getting this content.

Generally speaking, most eBooks don’t come with the same content as their paper-back equivalent i.e. they generally don’t include CD content etc

Jeff Wharton

• Proposed as answer by tooleyrose Wednesday, October 3, 2012 4:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Tuesday, October 9, 2012 12:17 AM
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:28 AM
  • To anyone reading this years down the line, the link is dead but I found most of the CD content zipped here:

ftp://ftp.oreilly.com/examples/9780735626393/index.html

Disappointing so many links and sample content for previous versions of SQL Server have gone missing from Microsoft websites.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:35 AM