Bypassing Reporting Services during install of CRM 3 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi - We are setting up a test bench for migrating our 3.0 system to 4.0. I am not fully acquainted with all these products and unfortunately installed sql2005 which is on our existing crm server, without installing the sql 2000 reporting services first. I am unable to complete the crm install because of the lack of the database connectivity.

Question- Is there a registry key or command prompt to install CRM 3 and bypass/ignore the reporting services page? Thanks in advance.

I did not find any information checking through the installation manual, only statements to the contrary.

Thursday, June 5, 2008 9:46 PM

Answers

• CRM requires reporting services. Can you not just install SQL 2005 reporting services ?

Saturday, June 7, 2008 6:51 AM

All replies

• CRM requires reporting services. Can you not just install SQL 2005 reporting services ?

Saturday, June 7, 2008 6:51 AM
  • It appears that 2005 reporting services sits on top of sql 2000 reporting services - I ended up uninstalling 2005 and installing sql2000 - I am upgrading it back to sql 2005  over the weekend to resolve the issue.  Thank you for your comment.

Sunday, June 8, 2008 11:37 PM