CRM 4.0 Connector for SSRS Installation Error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm getting this error at the end of my installation.  I've attempted multiple fixes but still nothing.  Can anyone provide insight?

14:43:33|Verbose| Method exit: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.SrsDataConnector.SrsDataConnectorMsiInstaller.Install
    14:43:33|   Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.SrsDataConnector.RegisterDataExtensionAction
    14:43:33|   Info| Adding extension MSCRM to RS config file e:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\RSReportServer.config
    14:43:33|   Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.SrsDataConnector.GrantAssemblyCodeGroupAccessAction
    14:43:33|   Info| Granting code group access to Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataConnector.dll
    14:43:33|   Info| Saving changes to RS policy file e:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportServer\rssrvpolicy.config
    14:43:33|   Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.SrsDataConnector.RegisterPerformanceCounters
    14:43:38|   Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ConfigureWebStoreRegistryKeys
    14:43:38|   Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.SrsDataConnector.RegisterServerAction
    14:43:38|   Info| Updating server ASC-SQL04 in configuration database to have roles SrsDataConnector, SqlServer
    14:43:38|   Info| Executing Install action: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.SrsDataConnector.AddWindowsIdentityToPrivilegeGroups
    14:43:38|Verbose| Adding account AD\sqlserver to group LDAP://asc-dc1.ad.ascendlearning.com/<GUID=2d4e487b-bdd5-4b6d-8821-2eefec721ad4> ...
    14:43:38|   Info| Account network name: AD\sqlserver
    14:43:38|  Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.SrsDataConnector.AddWindowsIdentityToPrivilegeGroups failed. ---> System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x80072030): There is no such object on the server.

This account is the domain admin and has all the rights/prvileges to intall this connector.   I've gave all the AD priv groups full rights and still get this error

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 7:57 PM

All replies

• Is the user you installing under an Administrator on the Local Machine?

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 3:04 AM
  • I expect the problem is when the setup program is trying to add the account that Reporting Services runs under to the AD group PrivReportingGroup.

Based on the log:

It could be that either the account, or the group don't exist at all in AD, or possibly that you've got AD replication problems, and that the account or group has not been replicated to all domain controllers.

The Guid of the group comes from the PrivReportingGroupId column in the organization table in the MSCRM database. If the group had been deleted from AD and recreated then the id will no longer be correct

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ http://www.excitation.co.uk

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:55 AM
  • Thank you David,

Would you know a possible solution or way to get started resolving this?  I've asked our company database administrators to take a look at the LDAP group and check the GUID.  If the group has been deleted from AD and recreated, would we need to reinstall CRM then?

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:03 PM