Can I setup a template and enter text/images via VB .NET RRS feed

• Question

•  Basically I've written a simple program which takes data from ArcGIS and adds it into a Powerpoint document by using the PowerPoint.Application object and related objects. On each page of the Powerpoint document is an image and two sets of text (a title and an abstract). This is fairly simplistic though, I'd like to be able to have a more complicated template and to write text or place images into the locations specified within the template. As such, the application shouldn't need to know where each text location is in the Powerpoint template in terms of X,Y co-ordinates. I just want to be able to say "get the Title field and write this text into it". No idea if this is even possible though.
    • Moved by Tim Li Monday, October 20, 2008 7:51 AM off-topic (Moved from Visual Studio Tools for Office to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 11:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ,

I'm sorry ,but your question is out of scope here ,VSTO technology doesn't cover the Application you are working on .
    For more infomation please check the Read First thread at the top of the forum

Thanks

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, October 20, 2008 7:48 AM
  •  

Hello ,

Thank you for your post! This is the Off-Topic Posts Forum. Unfortunately there is not a current forum to post the question you are asking so I would recommend that you post you question to one of the 'microsoft.public.office.templates.misc located here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.office.templates.misc

Hope that helps!

SachinW, Tier 2 Application Support, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by SachinW Monday, October 20, 2008 8:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by SachinW Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:12 AM
    Monday, October 20, 2008 8:22 AM