none
How to collect inventory for Oracle database using MAP tool

Question

• Hi all,

I am trying to collect the inventory for Oracle database installed on different server but its showing me 0 count for any instances of Oracle server.

Pls tell me how can I accomplish this?

What are the system setting needs to be done for this?

Please Mark as Answer if my post works for you or Vote as Helpful if it helps you. Kapil Singh

Friday, December 16, 2016 7:01 AM

Answers

• I assume (better to say I totally guessing), that Kapil_KK is talking about "Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP)". The tool is Microsoft tool but the question should be asked in Oracle forum in my opinion, since the issue related to to monitoring what the tool send to the database and what the database returns. For this we need to use Oracle monitoring tools, as first step.

Only if the OP will said that the monitoring the Oracle show that the connection was OK and the query return the right result back, then I will start to check why the result does not shown correctly (this is probably not the case). It can be simple issue like using wrong drivers (which Oracle people can help better) to using wring connection string (Again... Oracle..) to cases that the query sent OK but has issue (which Oracle people can monitor and then we will go back to check the tool).

In the mean time, please check if this blog help you:
    Using the MAP Toolkit to discover Oracle, MySQL, and Sybase

* the above post is the official Microsoft Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) blog, and you can find there the Microsoft MAP team. You can always try to contact one of them of respod to the blog I posted above

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Monday, January 16, 2017 4:33 AM

All replies

• Not sure if anyone can answer it here but you can use Oracle forum for it. https://community.oracle.com/

Cheers
    Vaibhav
    MCSA (SQL Server 2012)

Friday, December 16, 2016 8:33 AM
  • Its a microsoft tool and knows how to make connectivity for Oracle inventory collection..

Didnt find any links for it...

Please Mark as Answer if my post works for you or Vote as Helpful if it helps you. Kapil Singh

Monday, December 19, 2016 8:54 AM
  • What tool?

Searching for "Map tool" brings back all sorts of results which have nothing to do with inventorying databases.

Karl

Monday, December 19, 2016 5:51 PM
  • What tool?

Searching for "Map tool" brings back all sorts of results which have nothing to do with inventorying databases.

Karl

Friday, January 13, 2017 4:28 PM
  • I assume (better to say I totally guessing), that Kapil_KK is talking about "Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP)". The tool is Microsoft tool but the question should be asked in Oracle forum in my opinion, since the issue related to to monitoring what the tool send to the database and what the database returns. For this we need to use Oracle monitoring tools, as first step.

Only if the OP will said that the monitoring the Oracle show that the connection was OK and the query return the right result back, then I will start to check why the result does not shown correctly (this is probably not the case). It can be simple issue like using wrong drivers (which Oracle people can help better) to using wring connection string (Again... Oracle..) to cases that the query sent OK but has issue (which Oracle people can monitor and then we will go back to check the tool).

In the mean time, please check if this blog help you:
    Using the MAP Toolkit to discover Oracle, MySQL, and Sybase

* the above post is the official Microsoft Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) blog, and you can find there the Microsoft MAP team. You can always try to contact one of them of respod to the blog I posted above

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Monday, January 16, 2017 4:33 AM