Exam 70-492? RRS feed

• Question

• What is the status on the upgrade exam 70-492?

Any idea from when it would be available.

Regards,

bsam

Monday, February 4, 2013 3:04 PM

Answers

• Microsoft hasn't release the details for this yet, we all just have to sit back and wait. 

Cheers. :)

Regards,
    Milton Goh
    MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, MCTS, MCP
    Blog: blog.nerdytwo.com
    Twitter: @miltongoh

• Marked as answer by bsam Monday, February 4, 2013 3:55 PM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 3:45 PM

All replies

• Microsoft hasn't release the details for this yet, we all just have to sit back and wait. 

Cheers. :)

Regards,
    Milton Goh

• Marked as answer by bsam Monday, February 4, 2013 3:55 PM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 3:45 PM
  • @miltongoh - yes, we all know that MS has not released any news yet (after almost one year), but that's exactly why this question appears: it would be useful that somebody from Microsoft comes here and to say that they are working on it, that it will be available in 4-5 months from now (?) and what will be the general curricula.

Many people are both MCPD Web Dev 4 and MCPD Windows Azure Dev Certified (so they passed both 70-519 and 70-583 last year) and have passed 70-480 (Programming in HTML5 with JavaScript and CSS3), but can't upgrade to MCSD because of this single exam, that seem very similar to 70-486 (Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications)

Sunday, February 17, 2013 3:23 PM
  • Sure, I am sending out this question to the Regional Centre in my area to check this out. 

Keep you posted. Cheers.

Regards,
    Milton Goh

Sunday, February 17, 2013 3:25 PM
  • Hi Tudor Turcu,

I got a reply from one of the representative from Microsoft Southeast Asia Education Centre with regards to your questions. I will copied directly what they have replied to me in case of any discrepancy.

For your information, I would like to inform you that if the exam hasn’t published in the MCP website, that means the exam is still internal discussion. We are not allowed to provide the information to MCP yet. I appreciate your patience regarding this matter and we will published at the website soon.

Cheers! 

Regards,
    Milton Goh

Monday, February 18, 2013 9:04 AM
  • lol.. :) Thanks, anyway..
    Monday, February 18, 2013 8:58 PM
  • I am also chasing this one up.  in the meantime, you should subscribe to the Born to Learn website and forums as this is where all exam release information is posted http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Monday, February 18, 2013 10:38 PM
  • No news on this upgrade exam?
    On MCP web site the exam appears still not available: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/mcsd-web-apps-certification.aspx#fbid=cUQINiP3Zy8 :(

Anyone from Microsoft reading this forum?

Friday, May 10, 2013 6:39 AM
  • It is very frustrating situation.
    Candidates who are not MCPD are able to give exams but candidates like me with MCPD are not able to give exam because they are not declared yet.
    I request Microsoft to declare these exams for MCPD soon before we lose interest.

Monday, May 13, 2013 4:55 PM