Windows Phone - Turn off during charging RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone please tell me how we can do something simple like turn off the phone and charge it at the same time?  Or is that too complicated to do?
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:25 PM

Answers

• For help using Windows Phone please post in the Windows Phone forums on http://answers.microsoft.com .

The Developing for Windows Phone forum is for developers to discuss writing their own Windows Phone apps.

That said, I'm not sure what you're asking. I just turned off my phone, dropped it on its charger, and it's charging just fine. A short charging screen flashes as it starts charging, but then the phone returns to it's off state.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:17 PM
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:33 PM

All replies

• For help using Windows Phone please post in the Windows Phone forums on http://answers.microsoft.com .

The Developing for Windows Phone forum is for developers to discuss writing their own Windows Phone apps.

That said, I'm not sure what you're asking. I just turned off my phone, dropped it on its charger, and it's charging just fine. A short charging screen flashes as it starts charging, but then the phone returns to it's off state.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, October 29, 2014 9:17 PM
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:33 PM
  • Hello,

Turn it off, and plug it in.

It's extremely simple to do.

Other than that, you should ask in the Windows Phone forums on the Microsoft Community forums.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Edited by Just Karl Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:59 PM
    Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:53 PM