Cant do outbound calling. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am having problems getting outbound calling to work to an external or even internal extension number. I do have inbound working, providing it is from an internal phone from within the the company. My communicator has an error message that says "limited external calling, with details of "some calls to and from outside your corporate network may not connect due to connectivity problems. try signing out and signing back in again, ...". I think this is a part of the problem.

The other thing I used was the resource kits Voice Route Helper which dd the Normalization correctly and then gave an error 403, unable to route.

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Glen

Monday, May 21, 2007 11:53 AM

Answers

• Hi Glen,

I am a little confused by your posting. You say you cannot get an outbound call to an internal extension, and you also say you have inbound working as long as it is from an internal phone. Can you clarify?

The 403 error in Route Helper is definitely a problem. Can you review your Voice configuration? The Voice Planning and Deployment Guide included with the Public Beta Documentation should help here. Specifically, you should go through the Step7 Configure Outbound Call Routing section starting on Page 94 to make sure your routing issue gets resolved.

Please post any other questions you may have here at the forums. Also, when you figure out your resolution, can you post it here also? Thanks.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 9:43 PM
  • Due to the lack of response to this thread, it has been closed. Please start another thread if you have similar issues.
    Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Glen,

I am a little confused by your posting. You say you cannot get an outbound call to an internal extension, and you also say you have inbound working as long as it is from an internal phone. Can you clarify?

The 403 error in Route Helper is definitely a problem. Can you review your Voice configuration? The Voice Planning and Deployment Guide included with the Public Beta Documentation should help here. Specifically, you should go through the Step7 Configure Outbound Call Routing section starting on Page 94 to make sure your routing issue gets resolved.

Please post any other questions you may have here at the forums. Also, when you figure out your resolution, can you post it here also? Thanks.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007 9:43 PM
  • Hi Glen,

Can you let us know the status of your issue? If you were able to work things our could you share it with the forums? If not, please let us know what changes there have been and your current status. Thanks.

Thursday, June 7, 2007 6:45 PM
  • Due to the lack of response to this thread, it has been closed. Please start another thread if you have similar issues.
    Wednesday, June 27, 2007 8:15 PM