none
ODP.NET WITH ORACLE 10G UDT TYPES RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have got a couple of doubts on the Types.

1. the first one would be, I have a couple of Types which are created in one Schema for which I have been given execution permissions on another Schema To which I have an access to. But when I am trying to run a function which calls these types, they are not getting recognized and it is raising an error

"Error = System.InvalidOperationException: Custom
    type mapping for 'dataSource='(DESCRIPTION =(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP) (HOST =
    10.0.2.3) (PORT = 1521))(CONNECT_DATA =(SERVER = DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME =
    ORCLTD)))' schemaName='Test_API' typeName='COUNT'' is not specified or is invalid."

Here the Test_API would be the main schema where the Type and function exists.

Please suggest... any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. the second one would be ... If I have a Type which is derived from a base type, then how can I declare and send the parameter values in a PL/SQL command set. Please help me out. Waiting for you guys reply.

Thanx,
    Anil.

• Moved by Guo Surfer Thursday, March 19, 2009 9:11 AM off topic (Moved from Visual C# General to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Monday, March 16, 2009 10:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Anil,

Please consider posting your thread to ODP.NET Forum. You may get quicker and better responses there.
    Please don't duplicate post your thread.
    Thank you!

Best regards,
    Guo
    Wednesday, March 18, 2009 6:43 AM