How to shift a record from one view to another view through workflow RRS feed

• Question

• How do I shift a record from one view to another view that is a custom view through workflow?  

I want a functionality such that when a record is processed and saved it should shift from "Active" to another view named as "Processed" through workflow. Right now it is giving me the option to shift it from Active to Inactive on "Change Record Status."
    Monday, August 19, 2013 4:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Hamzak,

Update the record which you need to move from one view to another view in your workflow, but the record should meet the view query criteria. Then it will automatically shown in your new view.

Just open your new view from customization and check the query, based on that update your workflow.

• Marked as answer by Hamzak Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:16 AM
    Monday, August 19, 2013 4:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Hamzak,

Update the record which you need to move from one view to another view in your workflow, but the record should meet the view query criteria. Then it will automatically shown in your new view.

Just open your new view from customization and check the query, based on that update your workflow.

• Marked as answer by Hamzak Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:16 AM
    Monday, August 19, 2013 4:24 PM
  • you cannot move the records from one view to another view through workflow i have an idea for create an optionset value(defult value is"Yes")

change the value to "NO" using  workflow 

in active view add createria that optionset value is "yes" display those records

and 

In Processed View add createria that optionset is "No"

ms crm

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:59 AM
  • What do you mean by view query criteria?  Right now Active view and Processed view both have the same columns which is making a record appear in both the view. Do you want to say that I add another column in "Processed" view such that when that particular column is updated the record should move to Processed view?
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 10:38 AM
  • OK I got what you mean B sreenivasulu.

Thank you for help

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:16 AM