none
Excel Workbook with pre-constructed worksheets

Question

• Hi. I am new kid on the block. Forgive me if I am ignorant. Very exited to use this forum. I hope it can help other shy people like me.

I want to create a work book in excel 2010 that uses excel work sheets that already have data and formulas.

The first sheet contains a work schedule for a month for all the staff. The different shifts are indicated as alphabetic letters (normally 1 or 2 letters i.e. D for Day Shift, J for early morning Shift, N for night shift, etc. Hyperlinks already exist on the names of the staff on the schedule so that they can receive e-mailed updates of their shifts.

The second sheet contains a timesheet or attendance register where the start and end times (including breaks) of any shift is logged. There is a formula to calculate the decimal value of the time worked ( i.e 14:00 - 16:30 = 2.50 hours). This sheet contains all the formulas to add all the times and work out overtime, unsociable hours credits, double time, etc.

I would like to know how to match the D on the schedule sheet to these times populated in their own cell on the timesheet: 8.00   13.00  and 13.30  16.30 (per 24-hour clock); the J on the schedule to 4.15   11.45 on the timesheet, etc. so that when one types the proper letter or combination of letters/numbers on the shift schedule sheet, the times are populated on the next sheet (timesheet) in their own cells.

To me this is a sticky one, but i feel that this will open so many doors if it can work....... please help.

• Moved by Just KarlModerator Wednesday, February 25, 2015 9:16 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015 11:41 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You should ask in the Microsoft Office Excel Community Forums.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 9:16 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Sandbox forum is designed for users to try out the new forums functionality. Please be respectful of others, and do not expect replies to questions asked here.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Hello,

You should ask in the Microsoft Office Excel Community Forums.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

• Hi, thank you for re-directing me. It is the first time I am using a forum like this. My apologies if I had inadvertently offended anyone.

All the best.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 6:56 AM
  • Hello,

You did not offend anyone.

Karl

Thursday, February 26, 2015 4:53 PM