i inadvertently deleted the Amount Column in the CREATE BUDGET/Enter Expenses worksheet RRS feed

• Question

• I cant seem to get it back.. any thoughts?
    Wednesday, December 21, 2016 1:23 AM

All replies

• I don't use budget, but File->Restore is a good undo mechanism.

I hope you have not overwritten your only good backup.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 1:58 AM
  • thanks cal,

all my data is fine..  it's just that I cant seem to get the column back on this particular Budget.

I hate to reload Microsoft Money in order to display that column of data..   I'm probably missing something simple

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 3:57 AM
  • A backup file of the date and most settings at a point in time. Restoring a backup is not what somebody would call reloading Money. I would think reloading Money would be reinstalling Money.  When you restore a backup, you are given a choice to restore to the remembered filename or to choose a new filename. Thus you could try a restore that pre-dated the mistake without overwriting the current *.mny file.  Because they have different names, you can choose which file to load.

While you are thinking about backups, you should consider reviewing your backup policies. You should have more than one vintage of backup on different media. Imagine if your drive crashed.

But as far as how to operate the budget worksheet, somebody who knows about that may be by. You should identify what version of Microsoft Money you are using, and what version of the budget you are using. For example, Money Plus Deluxe offers an "Essentials" budget and a "Savings and Spending" budget.  That person may well know, based on your question, but it couldn't hurt to provide that info.

Do you find the budget feature useful? I presume so. You may be in position to help others with using a Microsoft Money budget. There used to be more budget questions.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 1:11 PM
  • Were you trying to resize the columns in the budget and shrunk the Amount column to something you can't notice?  Maybe double click on the line in between period and total would bring it back?  I'm grasping at straws though, because I don't see any way for this to be removed or added back.  I guess my only other thought would be to switch to essential budget and then back?
    Sunday, December 25, 2016 7:59 PM
  • I just tried to create a budget in a test file for Money Plus Deluxe Sunset. I chose the Savings and Spending budget. I did not see a "CREATE BUDGET/Enter Expenses worksheet ".

Maybe you are not using Sunset (are you using 2005?), or maybe I am not clicking the right thing to see the CREATE BUDGET/Enter Expenses worksheet.

Monday, December 26, 2016 1:13 PM