Web access new videos not showing up. RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using the newest vail since release. I am trying to figure something out and I am turning to you guys for more information.

When using web access [Media > Videos] section no longer seems to include newly added videos. Every video I have encoded myself in the exact same way using the same software and the same codecs. Recently when I add new videos to the same folder as the rest, it wont show up via web access media section. Its like its stuck at the number of videos it has reached.

I'm going to try moving and reformatting the drive and adding the media back in. Not sure if this will work or not but Its not something I want to do as normal maintenance.

As a side note, what shows up in web access media is what shows up as available on my DLNA TV. So nothing newly added shows up. Stuck at something like 246 Videos.

Any ideas?

Friday, September 24, 2010 8:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This is a know problem for the current VAIL preview (beta) version.
    Please see this feedback: 574095, Media Libraries not refreshing after changes/uploads.

Note that it is marked as Closed/fixed.
    This means that we will have to wait until Microsoft decides it is time to release a new preview version for VAIL (if and whenever that may be...).

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    • Marked as answer by bed1 Friday, September 24, 2010 11:02 PM
    Friday, September 24, 2010 9:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is a know problem for the current VAIL preview (beta) version.
    Please see this feedback: 574095, Media Libraries not refreshing after changes/uploads.

Note that it is marked as Closed/fixed.
    This means that we will have to wait until Microsoft decides it is time to release a new preview version for VAIL (if and whenever that may be...).

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    • Marked as answer by bed1 Friday, September 24, 2010 11:02 PM
    Friday, September 24, 2010 9:32 PM
  • I've reported a similar issue on connect:

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/details/605062/remote-access-new-files-not-seens-in-media-library-but-in-shared-folders

The answer: "it's by design" :-(

But as they said that it was a fact of WMP NSS service I take a look to it.

By default the service is on "automatic (delay)", I change it to "Automatic"

Now all the changes I make on the files are immediately apply on my media library.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:27 AM