none
how can I complain about a moderator?

Question

• Hello,

is there any form or contact to complain about moderator actions?
    I am looking for the one who is responsible for moderators in the whole TechNet (not only English forums). I can't complain to other moderators because they don't care.

Thank you in advance.

Saturday, May 26, 2018 4:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• You can use the links under;

TechNet Web Site Support and Feedback

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/cc512759.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, May 26, 2018 5:20 PM
  • hm... I have seen the "TechNet Site Feedback" page, but it looks like a broken page and I left it.

Thank you Dave!

Saturday, May 26, 2018 5:25 PM
  • As far as I know its working. I've used the links in the last couple of months and gotten response.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, May 26, 2018 5:27 PM
  • yes, it works. I mean that a view of this page looks strange, very simple. But maybe I expected something much serious )
    Saturday, May 26, 2018 5:55 PM
  • Sounds good, you're welcome. I'd expect they would forward your issue to forums owner. 

Saturday, May 26, 2018 6:12 PM
  • Thanks, I was wondering as well since it seems so....basic, and it doesn't give much feedback after submitting feedback...
    Wednesday, June 20, 2018 1:23 PM
  • I have had a contact with someone. He answered me "Thanks for reporting. We will check and update  you on this." It was more than a month, since there was no any feedback. I forgot about my case, but today that "moderator" tries again to give his incompetent answer and accuse me of being wrong...
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 2:28 PM
  • What forum is this in? I only see this thread and one more from 7 months ago? 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Profile/some%20user%2012345/activity

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 2:32 PM
  • Sorry I have created another account to hide this topic from that "moderator" )))
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 4:10 PM
  • I'd send another message.

TechNet Web Site Support and Feedback

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/cc512759.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 4:26 PM
  • I have got an answer this night. You was right, they have contacted the Forum Owner, who stated that I have provided the incorrect answers... So, the didn't nothing.

Dave, let's look at the topics where I have answered.

The first case:
    A User is planning to buy and use the Windows Standard 2016 Standard as a web-platform to host a web-application. The User asked whether he needs to buy CAL for IIS.
    I answered, that it depends on how your users will be authenticated:
    - If you will use the authentication mechanism of a web-application - you do not need any CAL.
    - If you will use Windows Server authentication such as Local Users or Active directory - you need a CAL for each user.

This answer has been deleted several time *yes, I reposted my answer intermediately) by "Moderator" with a comment: "The stories about an authorization are interesting, but could you please do your best to give correct answer the User not using your thoughts, but in an accordance with MS documents. Otherwise your scripts will be deleted. This is not a "smoking room" where you can write anything you want. Understand?". The last word was in Russian transcription "Андестенд", he has spat on the forum rules which state that the official language is Russian. We don't have such word in the Russian dictionary.

Then I found a more competent answer - from a MSFT, who confirmed my answer.

So, Dave who is right? If i'm not right then you (or your colleagues) have to delete the MSFT Blog. Don't you?

Thursday, July 5, 2018 9:12 AM
  • The second case:

A company is planing to move their services to a data center renting a server.
    The question is: is it allowed to install and use company's OS (non-OEM) on the rented server (dedicated server)?

I have answered "yes" if the license covers all cores on that server. To proof my answer I provided the quotes from EULA and MTP:

2.      USE RIGHTS

a.      Licensing a Server. Under this agreement, we grant you the right to install and run a certain number of instances of the server software on a server. Before you run these instances, you must determine the number of required core licenses per server and assign those core licenses to that server as described below.

As you can see, if a customer has a license he can assign this license any server. Neither EULA nor MTP don't define the belonging of a server (don't define the owner of a server).

But "moderator" disagreed the EULA and MTP statements and move my answer to separate topic.

Who is right in this case?

Thursday, July 5, 2018 9:36 AM
  • The third case, happened two days ago:

A User has written:

We have Office 365 E1-E3 subscriptions purchased in Russia. By the license we can not transfer the license to other countries. What we can do?

I have asked the User:
    where in the license agreement stands that you can not assign (the user meant actually assignment, not a transfer) a license?
    Office 365 has no any regional limitation (except Cuba and so on). You can buy a product in any country and use it in any country. You can assign the Office 365 license to any user independently on his location. From a MSFT Blog.

Customers are able to assign a license to a user that is located in just about any country in the world, except for Cuba, Iran, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Sudan, and Syria.

Then appears the "moderator" with an answers:

- You have to know the answer if you try to answer in Licensing forum. (it is related to my question about where is rejection of assignment)

I asked the "moderator":

- do you know yourself where is it? Could you write a quote? I have quoted a MSFT Blog.
    then I provided link for MTP of Online Services.

His answer was:

- You have been reprimanded. You're biting. The screenshot was taken.

I:

- I'm biting? I asked you questions and you ignored them.

He:

- If you try to answer you have to:
     - know the appropriate MS documents. (he even didn't read my answer with MTP link...)
     - understand the responsibility.
    If you don't have enough knowledge for a competent answer then learn the MS documents, which you can find here - link for MTP.

Dave, does he kidding? I quoted the MSFT blog, showed the MTP, asked him to show me a rejection of assignment. What is going on???

Thursday, July 5, 2018 10:16 AM
  • I can confirm your answer in the first case is correct, but for the second case it's dependent on which OS version the host and client OSs use (Yep, the Win2003 server does not have provision for VM usage so the answer would be straight "no" if that rented sever can run your VM on seperate instances, and I remember hearing that provision has changed at least once during the time of Win2008 but sure what the change is) Not sure about the Office 365 subscriptions.

Btw, licensing is difficult and sometime even Microsoft staffs can get it wrong. The correct answer would always be asking him to consult a Microsoft sales representative, save the reply email as proof (somtimes you ask 2 sales, you get 2 contradicting answers. So saving the communication and use it as baseline is important), and follow their recommandation when doing license purchase.

Monday, July 30, 2018 3:35 AM