how to recover passwords of bios RRS feed

• Question

•  i take from someone a pc hp elite 8100 which is protected by password on lock and bios and who put them forgot the both passwords

so that cant install vmware machines x64

as the intel virtualization on bios is disabled by default 

is there is any program to manage bios from windows

• Edited by Eng Ahmed Shewikh Friday, July 4, 2014 8:26 AM
    • Moved by Just Karl Friday, July 4, 2014 6:48 PM Looking for proper forum
    Friday, July 4, 2014 8:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I believe this would be against the rules to help in this case.

Why don't you ask the person who put the password. He/she might be able to help you.

If this helped you resolve your issue, please mark it Answered, thanks! Kind regards

Friday, July 4, 2014 12:30 PM
  • Hello,

The Windows Desktop Perfmon and Diagnostic tools forum is to discuss performance monitor (perfmon), resource monitor (resmon), and task manager, focusing on HOW-TO, Errors/Problems, and usage scenarios.

As the question is off topic here, I am moving it to the Where is the Forum... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, July 4, 2014 6:47 PM
  • Hello,

I'd ask HP.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Friday, July 4, 2014 6:48 PM
  • This one may help.

HP Compaq 8100 and 8180 Elite Business PC - Password Security and Resetting CMOS

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, July 4, 2014 10:54 PM
  • of course i did

but he dont remember any one just he try and no result

Saturday, July 5, 2014 12:07 AM
  • You have a coin-like battery on Motherboard.

Take it out, wait for a couple of minutes, hit power button few times, put back the battery and start the PC.

This should work.

If this helped you resolve your issue, please mark it Answered, thanks! Kind regards

Saturday, July 5, 2014 4:45 PM
  • hello

unfortunately the look of cover of pc is also protected by password so that i cant open  the cover to reset battery

Sunday, July 6, 2014 8:06 AM