What *BANKS* offer downloading QFX or OFX or QIF transactions files? RRS feed

• Question

• What BANKS offer free downloading of QFX or OFX or QIF transaction files that can be brought into Microsoft Money?

Many financial institutions offer access, possiblly accessable via PocketSense, for credit cards and broker transactions. The choice is smaller for banks. Feel free to follow with information on banks (checking, savings, CDs) This is just a start. This thread is just for banks -- not credit cards or brokers. Note that the brokers that have their own banks offer check writing and bill pay, and those transactions come in with the broker transactions. But those are not real banks that handle currency cash.

Ally Bank.
    Web download QFX each account. (Money can read QFX, OFX, and QIF)

Chase Bank.
    Both Pocketsense and web (per Ameridan)

Citibank
    Web Download OFX or QFX each account, but FITID changes if date overlap.

Discover Bank.
    Web download QFX for savings but not CDs it seems. See below.

First Tech Federal CU (was First Tech)
    offers web OFX, QFX and CSV formats  (per Bob).

PNC Bank
    Both Pocketsense and web (per Ameridan)

PurePoint Financial
    No OFX or QFX

US Bank
    offers web QFX, QIF and CSV formats (per Bob).

Saturday, December 14, 2019 4:33 PM

All replies

• I know personally that Chase Bank and PNC Bank does.  All of the Banks that I am aware of are listed on my blog page, although I know you are having issues with Discover Bank.
    Sunday, December 15, 2019 6:34 PM
  • I know personally that Chase Bank and PNC Bank does.  All of the Banks that I am aware of are listed on my blog page, although I know you are having issues with Discover Bank.

Chase Bank and PNC Bank both work with PocketSense and offer web downloads?

ING Direct/  CAPITAL ONE 360 does not work anymore. URL https://ofx.ingdirect.com/OFX/ofx nor https://ofx.capitalone360.com/OFX/ofx.html no longer have servers on them. I had that before Discover Bank, and when it stopped working, I decided to try Discover Bank.

The USAA OFX server seems to exist, but their CD rates are lower.

Sunday, December 15, 2019 9:37 PM
  • Chase Bank and PNC Bank both work with PocketSense and offer web downloads?

Yes.  Here's more details on Chase.
    • Edited by ameridan Sunday, December 15, 2019 10:23 PM
    Sunday, December 15, 2019 10:18 PM
  • As to other banks who offer web downloads:

US Bank offers QFX, QIF and CSV formats.

First Tech Federal CU (was First Tech) offers OFX, QFX and CSV formats

Bob - MSN Mobile

Monday, December 16, 2019 2:22 AM
  • Don't know about their OFX servers but CapitalOne360 works fine for me with a manual download.  It produces a QFX file that works perfectly without any modification.
    Wednesday, December 18, 2019 4:24 AM
  • Regarding Ally Bank, they sometimes put more than 32 characters in the payee field.  I use MS Money 2004 Deluxe, and when trying to import the .qfx file it fails, and I have to edit it to shorten the payee name.

I don't know if the Money Sunset has the same limitation.

For Discover Bank, I access it through discover.com and have an online savings account.  I can download:  CSV, EXCEL, QuickBooks and Quicken.  I'm not sure why you think you can't, or if you're using a different URL on the frontend that lacks the download option when you access it through the combo screen that they have where you can get to the credit card and the bank accounts.

US Bank does not offer any download format for it's CDs.

5/3 offers OFX, QIF, and CSV

Huntington Bank offers QFX, QIF, CSV

MidFirst Bank offers QFX, OFX, QIF, and CSV excluding CDs

Chemical Bank for the time being offers the same as MidFirst, but things are subject to change with the TCF merger

Suntrust offers QFX and CSV

Wells Fargo offers QFX but it errors out.  I closed my account with them, but now that I know about the OFXAnlyz04 utility, I probably would have been able to edit the error away.

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 4:41 AM
  • Thanks. I will incorporate the info from the posts into the first post.

No Discover card or savings, but have CD.  I don't see statement downloads on

https://bank.discover.com/bankac/documents/statements or https://bank.discover.com/bankac/achome/bankportal

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 4:52 AM
  • It's probably the CD.  I tried your links, my savings were there, and the download option with the 4 formats was available.
    Tuesday, January 28, 2020 5:14 AM