Raid driver issue nvidia nForce 430 RRS feed

• Question

• I installed WHS for the first time only every time i get an BSOD when windows wants to install the raid driver.

When i reboot i get corrupt files ... system32\drivers\nvstor.sys

How has an idea what drivers i should try. Because if i restore the same happens and the file is corrupt again.

System motherboard: Asus M2NPV-VM AM2

Saturday, February 24, 2007 9:33 PM

All replies

• Try turning off the RAID function in BIOS; you should be able to call it "Native IDE" instead from memory. I've got an ASUS M2N-MX (same chipset) and it's rock solid.
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 7:51 AM
  • i want to use raid 5 so thats not teh answer.
    at the moment i cancelled the driver setup when he starts searching for the raid driver then in installed the latest nvidia drivers.
    that works ... :-)

only i now have a problem with te onboard network card ... so i placed a 3com NIC also solved for now :-)

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 11:02 PM
  • I have successfully manually installed the network driver for the nForce430, I had to use the Windows XP Driver and it installed properly.   If that helps you in any way.
    Wednesday, February 28, 2007 1:45 PM
  •  TheZig wrote:
    I have successfully manually installed the network driver for the nForce430, I had to use the Windows XP Driver and it installed properly.   If that helps you in any way.

Same here.  Installed the XP driver (for nForce430 network) and it's working fine.

Thursday, March 1, 2007 1:28 AM
  • Hi TheZig,

I've tried to install the driver manually as well, but it stop when searching for the driver in drive A. There was no opportunity to interfere with the process, once it was started. How did you make the WHS to realize that it just has to start the driver.inf? *sheepish grin*

Thanx a lot and greetings from Germany

Volker

Saturday, March 29, 2008 5:44 PM