none
Microsoft Money Crash RRS feed

• Question

• On Jan 1, 2013 my Microsoft Money Deluxe  program stopped working....when attempting to open it says Money has stopped working. What is strange is that it was working fine earlier in the day. I have read some of the threads on this. I have tried to go woth a system restore, clear out and reinstall the program...all to no avail. Can anyone help me with this (in layman's terms please).....

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 6:50 PM

All replies

• Are you using Money 2006 or what?

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 10:49 PM
  • Sorry Cal....I am using Money Plus Deluxe
    Thursday, January 3, 2013 2:29 AM
  • I know the symptom you see is not what is described in http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/money/thread/636e154a-9693-48a0-ab38-65627d192f6a but I  would seek out the modified Mnyob99.dll file and put it into your "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money Plus\MNYCoreFiles" folder. I replaced my Mnyob99.dll file, even though I was not getting a crash. The nature of the bug seems to me seems to suggest it could do odd things.

Another thing to consider is to copy Sample.mny from your Money install folder and open that copy. If that works fine, then I would move on to making a repaired version of your Money file with
     File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2
    In fact, you could just move to that step to see if it helps.

If worst comes to worst, you can install Money Plus Deluxe Sunset. It will not do direct online accesses, but it should get you going if the other steps do not.

Thursday, January 3, 2013 3:05 AM