HOme server computer cases RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am looking for  a computer case for a home server that looks like the ones HP and ACER sell for retail.  I have not been able to find case manufacturers that sell similar cases to the retail ones.  Have looked at Antec, but they really don't have anything.  Does anyone know of a case manufacturer that sells this configuration of case?  Thanks
    • Changed type kariya21Moderator Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:10 AM not a technical question
    Tuesday, September 15, 2009 11:16 PM

All replies

• These machines use special designed motherboards that fit exactly in such a case. So a case alone won't help you.
    LightsOut - Power Management for Windows Home Server http://www.home-server-blog.de/add-ins/lightsout/#en
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:01 PM
  • The closest you will come is the Chenbro ES34069 case. It's a Mini-ITX/Mini-DTX case with a limited number of motherboard options, and it's pretty expensive, but it's the general form factor that you're looking for..
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 4:51 PM
  • my WHS is out of sight out of mind.....it's all wrapped up in duct tape to make sure the ventilation flows through the case correctly. 

the thing looks like ____, but it is in a crawl space under the stairs in the basement.  So no one ever sees it.
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 9:07 PM
  • I use the Lian Li PC343b case for my server.
    plenty of space for all your hardware (including 2 PSU's)
    doesnt look too bad either IMO

It does all depend on how many hard drives you are planning on having etc

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 10:58 AM
  • I'm using an Antec Minuet 350 case. It looks nothing like an HP or Acer. :-( But it does look nice next to my tivo, amp, and router. It only holds two hard drives internally but it runs quietly and cool.
    Monday, October 12, 2009 5:54 AM
  • I use a tower style case - the small cases are difficult, if you decide that you need more performance or components. Also the cooling is easier to handle with multiple disks built in.
    To simplify the handling, a built in SATA backplane can be helpful.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, October 12, 2009 1:16 PM
  • I am looking for  a computer case for a home server that looks like the ones HP and ACER sell for retail.  I have not been able to find case manufacturers that sell similar cases to the retail ones.  Have looked at Antec, but they really don't have anything.  Does anyone know of a case manufacturer that sells this configuration of case?  Thanks
    Here's an option for you with a motherboard included.

http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=50#config-a2000
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 7:21 AM