Software Update 2.5 RRS feed

• General discussion

• OK.  Someone was bound to start a thread on this.  I am glad to see 47x users will finally be elgible for the 2.5 updates. 
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 12:38 AM

All replies

• Just be aware that an EX47x without upgraded RAM will not give a good user experience with the new version of the software, and even with upgraded RAM it's very likely that some components will perform poorly.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:27 AM
  • OK.  Someone was bound to start a thread on this.  I am glad to see 47x users will finally be elgible for the 2.5 updates. 

You still need to be patient though, expected release Fall 2009
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 12:22 PM
  • What does the 2.5 update include?  Does this move the EX470 from Windows Server 2003 to 2008?  Does it give the EX470 the same features as the EX485?  I searched this forum for "update 2.5" but didn't find anything.  If you can point me to a description of 2.5 it would be appreciated.
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:53 PM
  • · HP Media Collector: conveniently schedules the MediaSmart Server to copy and centralize digital files and libraries from networked PCs

· Media Streaming: remotely streams photos and music to any Internet-connected PC or Mac

· Server for iTunes: centralizes iTunes music libraries on the server for playback to any networked Mac or PC running iTunes

· HP Photo Publisher: easily upload photos to Facebook®, PicasaTM Web Albums and Snapfish(3)

· HP Photo Viewer: allows easy sharing of photos with friends and family

Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:19 PM
  • So sounds like it puts the ex470 on par with the ex485.  That's good news.  Are you getting this info from an HP website, and if so can you point me to the source?  I've perused the HP forums but have not found anything very helpful about the EX boxes over there.
    Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:24 PM