Why im not getting points for my replies as answers. RRS feed

• Question

• it happens to me that, sometimes i post some question in a forum and after figuring out the answer myself, and reply back with the resolution and mark my reply as answer, even though my reply is shown as answer still i don't get the points... why is it so?
    • Moved by Zoltán HorváthMVP Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:48 AM not related to TechNet Wiki, Recognition System question
    Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:04 AM

Answers

• Well, maybe the MSDN, TechNet and Expression Profile FAQ is not clear on this - and it should be clarified there as well. However it's detailed on TechNet Wiki, in the Forums Help (FAQ) article.

You won't get points for your replies (marked as answers) for your own questions.

Marking your own replies as answers does not give you points.

Regards,

Zoli

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:47 AM
  • The point that you won't get any points is for not boosting up your points.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:57 AM

All replies

• Well, maybe the MSDN, TechNet and Expression Profile FAQ is not clear on this - and it should be clarified there as well. However it's detailed on TechNet Wiki, in the Forums Help (FAQ) article.

You won't get points for your replies (marked as answers) for your own questions.

Marking your own replies as answers does not give you points.

Regards,

Zoli

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 10:47 AM
  • The point that you won't get any points is for not boosting up your points.

The following is my signature:

Powershell Programmer & Advanced Lua Programmer

Beside that, whenever you see a reply, you think is helpful, click "Vote As Helpful"! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the main question of the thread, click "Mark As Answer" (if you opened the thread).

I published the URL's for the icons in my signature.

Please contact me, before reporting me, thank you.

[string](0..21|%{[char][int]([int]("{0:d}" -f 0x28)+('577076797174-87661607769657424-8687168065964').substring(($_*2),2))})-replace' '

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:57 AM