Copy / Paste Stopped Working RRS feed

• Question

• Yesterday, I installed IE 9 Beta. WOW! Very fast! However, remote desktop connections to my existing Live Mesh PC's would not work. I could connect, but after a minute or two, the remote machine stopped accepting keyboard/mouse input. That's just not acceptable for me, so I uninstalled IE9, and went back to IE8. Now, for some reason, I can no longer cut/paste between my remote session, and my local session.

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Sunday, January 9, 2011 12:11 AM

Answers

• Actually, this turned out to be a problem with a new search toolbar that was installed by a recent Norton Antivirus update. Got rid of that and the problem went away.
    • Marked as answer by BSavoie Friday, January 14, 2011 4:11 AM
    Friday, January 14, 2011 4:10 AM

All replies

• Are you referring to Live Mesh Beta or Windows Live Mesh? If the former, I would reset IE to defaults and flush the installed ActiveX controls to see if that resolves it.

If you're referring to Windows Live Mesh -  go here:

http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=24

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, January 10, 2011 11:56 AM
  • Actually, this turned out to be a problem with a new search toolbar that was installed by a recent Norton Antivirus update. Got rid of that and the problem went away.
    • Marked as answer by BSavoie Friday, January 14, 2011 4:11 AM
    Friday, January 14, 2011 4:10 AM
  • Thanks for the update. Don't you love toolbars? I don't. ;-)

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Friday, January 14, 2011 12:28 PM