Cannot connect to client RRS feed

• Question

• I installed the connector on a Windows XP Pro machine. At first it told me that I had a duplicate administrative user so I created a new user for that machine. I uninstalled connector and reinstalled to try again. After the second install of the connect the XP PC shows up in the list of machines to backup. It is greyed out and when I try to create a backup policy for it (or anything else by right clicking on it) I get "<insertpcname> cannot connect to client. Connect pc to network and try again". Has anyone seen this and know of a solution ?

Lee

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 3:25 PM

Answers

• This is a know issue in Beta 2 as there is currently no way to remove a pc that has had the connector uninstalled from the list of connected machines. The third post here has a utility written by Doug Knox that is designed to be run from the server and can remove the registry entries for non-existant machines. Hopefully the WHS team will provide us with a better solution before RTM.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 6:21 PM

All replies

• This is a know issue in Beta 2 as there is currently no way to remove a pc that has had the connector uninstalled from the list of connected machines. The third post here has a utility written by Doug Knox that is designed to be run from the server and can remove the registry entries for non-existant machines. Hopefully the WHS team will provide us with a better solution before RTM.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 6:21 PM
  • Worked like a charm. Thanks.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 8:41 PM