condition red and bad certificates RRS feed

• Question

• Today for some reason my one care is showing condition red and many sites are showing expired or bad certificates, including many microsoft sites-this one included.  My Earthlink email program does the same thing.  If I try to remove and reinstall one care I get an error 0014-80072F8F.  This relates to connection problems but I'm having no trouble with the internet.  I have two hard drives, the second an image of the main done a couple of weeks ago.  I'm on the backup drive now because I thought the problem might be with the main drive but the backup drive gives the same problem.  I had to go to this drive because I wasn't able to reinstall One Care on the main drive.  Anybody got any ideas on this?

Thanks

Bill

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 2:05 AM

Answers

• Found the cause of the problem.  Somehow my date and time got reset back to 2007.  Have no idea how it happened.  Reset and everything works fine.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:55 PM

All replies

• Found the cause of the problem.  Somehow my date and time got reset back to 2007.  Have no idea how it happened.  Reset and everything works fine.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:55 PM
  • Glad you found the problem and were able to resolve it. I hate when strange things like that happen!

-steve

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:21 AM