Version update to 0.9.4014.7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys, 

For some reason, Live Mesh on one of my PCs is refusing to update from v 0.9.4014.4 to .7 .. and I think that this might be the route of some of the bugs I've been coming across.

The new win updater is already installed and updated, but Live Mesh just reports that it's already up to date..

Env:
    Win XP SP3 - auto update enabled

Any ideas? THanks.
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 8:11 AM

Answers

• I am not aware of any ongoing server issues, so I suspect that your problem is still local to your PC. That error is also a Windows Update error code, so something on yoru connectivity path is broken - and it could also be a server issue. If it is a server issue, retrying should eventually allow you to overcome it since there is not just a single server on the back end, but a server farm.
    See this KB article for troubleshooting this error:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

You can also submit a bug report for the install problem, though you may not get a response.

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

And, you can submit an email support request, though I'm not sure who is actually handling that. It may be worth a try:

https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=livemesh&ct=eformts

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 12:20 PM
  • I think I might have fixed the install..

I already have the Update Agent, and I tried doing some of the things on the kb836941 without avail. But, seeing as it must be a local issue, I set up a 2nd windows user, logged in and it managed to connect to Mesh and install ok.

So - having set it up ok on the 2nd user, I tried again on my main user login and it seemed to go smoothly and install.

I wonder if it was some file/directory error or something to do with the HOSTS configuration which magically resolved when it installed from user 2..

Still - black magic and it's working. Thanks for your help
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 8:35 PM

All replies

• Ok i uninstalled live mesh,
    now it won't install - comes with

"Live Mesh service is unavailable. Please retry your installation later. The server returned an invalid or unrecognized response. Error [80072F78]"

I guess this means that all my problems were pinned down to Live Mesh server being out of action.. will try again later and hope it's back up again
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 11:38 AM
  • I am not aware of any ongoing server issues, so I suspect that your problem is still local to your PC. That error is also a Windows Update error code, so something on yoru connectivity path is broken - and it could also be a server issue. If it is a server issue, retrying should eventually allow you to overcome it since there is not just a single server on the back end, but a server farm.
    See this KB article for troubleshooting this error:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

You can also submit a bug report for the install problem, though you may not get a response.

How to Submit Bugs and Live Mesh Logs

And, you can submit an email support request, though I'm not sure who is actually handling that. It may be worth a try:

https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=livemesh&ct=eformts

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 12:20 PM
  • I think I might have fixed the install..

I already have the Update Agent, and I tried doing some of the things on the kb836941 without avail. But, seeing as it must be a local issue, I set up a 2nd windows user, logged in and it managed to connect to Mesh and install ok.

So - having set it up ok on the 2nd user, I tried again on my main user login and it seemed to go smoothly and install.

I wonder if it was some file/directory error or something to do with the HOSTS configuration which magically resolved when it installed from user 2..

Still - black magic and it's working. Thanks for your help
    Thursday, August 6, 2009 8:35 PM
  • Sometimes I'll take any kind of magic I can get when things aren't working as they should. :-) Glad to read that it seems to have been resolved for you, albeit for an unknown reason.
    -steve
    Friday, August 7, 2009 12:53 PM