none
Beantworter RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Naomi,

i am also using en-US Version, but i don`t see neither Beantworter nor Answerer for SQLUSA but MCC.

Hannes

If you have got questions about this, just ask.

In a perfect world,
    users would never enter data in the wrong form,
    files they choose to open would always exist
    and code would never have bugs.

C# to VB.NET: http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:14 PM
  • When I re-opened this thread from the link above, I also didn't see this word or Moderator for Hunchback. I think there is a change depending on how the link is accessed - I already raised this problem in another thread, that the status of the person not always displayed.

See http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/f419f124-1b96-4f8f-8bb0-8c3a4d0e5be9

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 3:27 PM
  • Hello Naomi,

"Beantworter" is indeed the German word for "Answerer" and if you change the same URL to de-DE then you can see it again:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/de-DE/transactsql/thread/b1441985-f5e2-4d08-beb3-fa8572de3500

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/transactsql/thread/b1441985-f5e2-4d08-beb3-fa8572de3500 

Olaf Helper
    * cogito ergo sum * errare humanum est * quote erat demonstrandum *
    Wenn ich denke, ist das ein Fehler und das beweise ich täglich
    Blog Xing
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:10 PM
  • The original link from my message (first in this thread) again showed Beantworter. The second link from your reply when I clicked it the first time correctly showed Answerer and Moderator although I see absolutely no difference between your link and mine.

Finally, your first link (de_DE) didn't show anything (e.g. there were no Moderator or Answerer or any other word).

So, as I already said, the behavior is inconsistent and even randomly inconsistent - e.g. one click may show the attributes and the next click may not show them.

BTW, Brent - for such a fresh thread surely I'm able to mark the answer myself if I think it answered the question.

My blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 4:49 PM
  • Finally, your first link (de_DE) didn't show anything (e.g. there were no Moderator or Answerer or any other word).

Hello Naomi,

Strange; for me it works fine, de-DE and en-US:

Olaf Helper
    * cogito ergo sum * errare humanum est * quote erat demonstrandum *
    Wenn ich denke, ist das ein Fehler und das beweise ich täglich
    Blog Xing
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 6:13 PM
  • I just right click on both of your links in GC. I chose to open in incognito window. In both links I didn't see the attributes (but the buttons were in the correct language).

My blog
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 6:53 PM
  • We do have a bug around roles sometimes not rendering. But other than that, the Answerer string is translated like Olaf says, not sure why you unmarked my mark. I still think it's the answer to your original question.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 6:15 AM
    Answerer
  • Hello Naomi,

I can reproduce the mixed translation for "Answerer" and "Beantworter" when I first visit the german language version of the thread (de-DE) and after that the english one (en-US):

Hitting F5 shows the correct translation.

Thorsten Dörfler
    Microsoft MVP Visual Basic
    vb-faq.de
    Thursday, August 18, 2011 7:32 AM
  • Brent,

It should not be in German in en-us forums.

My blog
    Friday, August 19, 2011 4:52 AM
  • Yeah, looks like a strange cache bug or something. We'll look at it, but I don't think we'll prioritize it very high. Thanks for reporting it and sticking with it, it is indeed a bug.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Friday, August 19, 2011 6:00 AM
    Answerer
  • BTW, the answer in this thread didn't show up in my activities or points.

My blog
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 2:18 AM