System Settings Through code RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

Is there a way to retrieve system setting through code, I am trying to retrieve set blocked file extensions for attachments.

Please help,

Thanks in advance.

Friday, November 2, 2012 1:42 PM

Answers

• Hi,

yes, you can use the Organization entity for this and especially the "blockedattachments" attribute. You can issue a "Retrieve" to get the organization using the organization service and then read this attribute (type string) to find the blocked extensions.

You can also have a look here for reference.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    View my latest gallery contribution here.
    Visit my blog here.

Friday, November 2, 2012 1:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

yes, you can use the Organization entity for this and especially the "blockedattachments" attribute. You can issue a "Retrieve" to get the organization using the organization service and then read this attribute (type string) to find the blocked extensions.

You can also have a look here for reference.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    Visit my blog here.

Friday, November 2, 2012 1:49 PM
  • Here is also some sample code you could use in a plugin for example:

public void Execute(IServiceProvider serviceProvider)
            {
                var tracingService = (ITracingService)serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(ITracingService));
                var pluginContext = (IPluginExecutionContext)serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(IPluginExecutionContext));
                var serviceFactory =
                    (IOrganizationServiceFactory)serviceProvider.GetService(typeof(IOrganizationServiceFactory));
                var service = serviceFactory.CreateOrganizationService(pluginContext.UserId);

var organization = service.Retrieve("organization", pluginContext.OrganizationId, new ColumnSet(new[] { "blockedattachments" }));
                tracingService.Trace("{0}", organization.GetAttributeValue<string>("blockedattachments"));
            }

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

Friday, November 2, 2012 2:35 PM
  • thx.
    Monday, November 5, 2012 12:29 PM
  • thx.

Hi,

please mark my reply as an answer if it answered your question.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Visit my blog here.

Monday, November 5, 2012 12:31 PM