WHS Client can't find any disk RRS feed

• Question

• Under the Computers and Backups, there no disks to bee seen.

why?
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:01 PM

Answers

• Has your server rebooted recently? It sounds as though the server's IP address could have changed.
    To test, on the Client, use Explorer and navigate to the Program Files/ Windows Home Server folder and then double click on the 'Discovery.exe' file. This will search your network for your server and reset the appropriate paths.
    If that doesn't do it, let us know and we can move on to the next step.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    • Marked as answer by Pierce007 Tuesday, November 18, 2008 8:50 PM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:30 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    A little more detail would help.
    If you mean the Computers & Backup page of the Console, then that lists Clients and their present state, but not their disks.

Colin
    If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:10 PM
  • When opening the WHS Client and then Computers & Backup, there's no disks present.

Neither does the Shared Folder option work - the one you press the right mouse button on the icon down on the right of the computer, along with others icons.
    Message: Cannot open WHS shares. Please check the permission access.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:24 PM
  • Has your server rebooted recently? It sounds as though the server's IP address could have changed.
    To test, on the Client, use Explorer and navigate to the Program Files/ Windows Home Server folder and then double click on the 'Discovery.exe' file. This will search your network for your server and reset the appropriate paths.
    If that doesn't do it, let us know and we can move on to the next step.

Colin

• Marked as answer by Pierce007 Tuesday, November 18, 2008 8:50 PM
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 7:30 PM
  • How stupid of me...why didnt I think of that...hehe

Anyway, it seems to be working again.

Thanks
    Tuesday, November 18, 2008 8:50 PM
  • Maybe not all the issies has been resolved.

Still cant open Shared Folders.

Under My Network Places - Entire Network......I can only find the name of the WHS server, can't find my laptop.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 9:06 PM
  • Pierce007 said:

Maybe not all the issies has been resolved.

Still cant open Shared Folders.

Under My Network Places - Entire Network......I can only find the name of the WHS server, can't find my laptop.

What happens when you try to open the shares on your server?
    Wednesday, November 19, 2008 12:48 AM