Create Timesheet for CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• I have seen that it is possible to use CRM to track employee time, but can't seem to find any reference material on how to create it. Can someone refer me to some sites? I would prefer to create it myself, but I am still a bit of a CRM n00b. Any help would be much appreciated!
    Friday, August 8, 2014 12:55 PM

All replies

• So it depends on what you're trying to do. You can use the Service Calendar and Resources to track when employees are working, but that's more designed to support field service deployment, like rolling a truck for service. Something that has a service scheduler involved, and not a self-service model.

ProRM, a German CRM company, has a powerful project management suite that lives on CRM that includes time tracking.  That might be overkill, but I would look at their solution and videos of how it works for inspiration.

Last, I'd just start mapping out your dependencies for tracking time in your organization. Then make your entities.

I will say, I havehated tracking time in CRM systems, in no small part because of no in-line edit, which really slows down time entry.

The postings on this site are solely my own and do not represent or constitute Hitachi Solutions' positions, views, strategies or opinions.

Friday, August 8, 2014 3:01 PM