Setting up a HP K5400DTN network printer RRS feed

• Question

•  

This HP printer can only be setup by running an application on the host machine. Currently I have it running on a XP Pro PC that I am replacing with my newly built PC running WHS.

HP provides a version of this software for XP but not for Server2003. Any attempt to run the software on the WHS gets an error message that it is not a supported OS.

I don't see any posts regarding setting up this particular printer or other HP network printers.

Suggestions?

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 5:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you tried selecting  the program Properties and seeing if you can run it in Compatibility Mode? The alternative, is extracting the  files on another computer and then just using the driver.

Colin

Edit: I see that HP do supply 2003 drivers !

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 6:09 PM
  • I had to place the install program on the desktop to allow the Properties to be set to Compatibility Mode and then set it to WinXP. All seems to work fine.

I had tried the HP 2003 drivers without success.

Thanks

Thursday, January 3, 2008 3:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried selecting  the program Properties and seeing if you can run it in Compatibility Mode? The alternative, is extracting the  files on another computer and then just using the driver.

Colin

Edit: I see that HP do supply 2003 drivers !

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 6:09 PM
  • Download Drivers

You can download then extract the files.

You could then go to Control Panel | printers | Add a Printer

Click Have Disk when prompted for the dirver and browse to the driver that you extracted.

You could then share this printer to all other machines on the network.
    Wednesday, January 2, 2008 7:05 PM
  • I had to place the install program on the desktop to allow the Properties to be set to Compatibility Mode and then set it to WinXP. All seems to work fine.

I had tried the HP 2003 drivers without success.

Thanks

Thursday, January 3, 2008 3:45 AM
  • HP Officejet Pro K5400dtn Printer Driver software. The latest version of

good luck

Saturday, April 23, 2011 12:49 PM