locked
Default Report error RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have been struggling for days now trying to resolve the rsProcessingAborted
    error on the inbuilt reports.

    I have looked at several threats but still can not get it to work. I am
    trying to develop the crm, but have limited knowledge, so on a step learning
    curve.

    I am a domain administrator on both the CRM server and SQL Server

    can anyone guide me through tracking the fault and fixing it


    Dont ask me .. i dont know

    Sunday, January 20, 2013 3:34 PM

Answers

  • You might try looking through the SSRS logs:

    %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\Reporting Services\LogFiles

    Also turning on tracking in CRM and checking those logs might help:

    How to enable tracing in Microsoft Dynamics CRM


    Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

    • Marked as answer by Pete Newman Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:31 PM
    Sunday, January 20, 2013 3:58 PM
    Moderator
  • Think I have sorted part of the problem,  I have made a few changes on the report server and can run custom reports, i can also see where the error is on the default reports so can work on them.

    Thanks for the pointer it helped alot


    Dont ask me .. i dont know

    • Marked as answer by Pete Newman Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:30 PM
    Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:30 PM

All replies

  • You might try looking through the SSRS logs:

    %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\Reporting Services\LogFiles

    Also turning on tracking in CRM and checking those logs might help:

    How to enable tracing in Microsoft Dynamics CRM


    Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

    • Marked as answer by Pete Newman Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:31 PM
    Sunday, January 20, 2013 3:58 PM
    Moderator
  • HI,

    I couldnt see anr error on the SQL server, but after setting the trace on crm i came up with this error

    I have changed the server name to DOMAINNAME

    MSCRM Error Report:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.
    
    Error Number: 0x8004832C
    
    Error Message: An error occurred during report rendering.
    
    Error Details: An error occurred during report rendering.
    
    Source File: Not available
    
    Line Number: Not available
    
    Request URL: https://DOMAINNAME/CRM2012/CRMReports/rsviewer/reportviewer.aspx
    
    Stack Trace Info: [ReportServerException: For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors]
    
    
    [ReportServerException: Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection)]
    
    
    [ReportServerException: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)]
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReportSoapProxy.OnSoapException(SoapException e)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.Internal.Soap.ReportingServices2005.Execution.RSExecutionConnection.ProxyMethodInvocation.Execute[TReturn](RSExecutionConnection connection, ProxyMethod`1 initialMethod, ProxyMethod`1 retryMethod)
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.EnsureExecutionSession()
       at Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ServerReport.GetDataSources(Boolean& allCredentialsSet)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Reporting.SrsReportViewer.SetExecutionCredentials(ServerReport reportObj)
    
    [CrmReportingException: An error occurred during report rendering.]
       at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Reporting.SrsReportViewer.SetExecutionCredentials(ServerReport reportObj)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Web.Reporting.RemoteSrsReportViewer.LoadReportAndSetParameters()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    
    [HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    
    
    


    Dont ask me .. i dont know

    Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:54 PM
  • Think I have sorted part of the problem,  I have made a few changes on the report server and can run custom reports, i can also see where the error is on the default reports so can work on them.

    Thanks for the pointer it helped alot


    Dont ask me .. i dont know

    • Marked as answer by Pete Newman Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:30 PM
    Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:30 PM